Hardware Giant homescreen, bug or feature?

lukas_2511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

a few days ago I encountered a super weird thing on my 3ds. I had upgraded my sysnand to 9.4 oder 9.5 (don't remember), bought some games and themes, and later downgraded (using nand mod) to 9.2. After i restored the backup the homescreen was a bit messed up (back at state of the backup i guess), so I wanted to move some things out of sight, and zoomed all the way out on homescreen.

Normally when I zoom all the way out the whole homescreen fits on the screen, and in this case the icons were the size they should be at that level, and I wasn't able to zoom out any more, but the homescreen was still scrollable, and not just like one or two more icons, it was probably 4x the width it should normally be. It was huge, there was probably space for a few hundred icons.

I was so puzzled at that moment I totally forgot to take a screenshot or something.

Now i wanted to ask, is this "normal"? Maybe the homescreen resizes dynamically and I just never noticed?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fully zoomed out home screen on 9.2 is scrollable. About half of the icons will fit on the screen at any time when zoomed out.

lukas_2511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fully zoomed out home screen on 9.2 is scrollable. About half of the icons will fit on the screen at any time when zoomed out.

But only if there are enough apps I guess? Attached is a screenshot of my current 9.2 sysnand homescreen, completely zoomed out, and it fits completely on one page.

Attachments

• HNI_0001.JPG
    HNI_0001.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 331

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My homescreen has room for a ton of icons as well, I first noticed how huge it was after the 9.0 update with the themes support when I scrolled just to see the rest of the theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs