Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Crashes only in GOD Format

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by AdmiralSpeedy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. AdmiralSpeedy
    OP

AdmiralSpeedy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    Canada
    I have an RGHd Corona v2 on the 17511 and every single game on my HDD is in GOD format and works totally fine, except for GR: Future Soldier.

If I try to run Future Soldier installed to my HDD in GOD format, the loading icon shows for about 1 second and then I get "Fatal Crash Intercepted" and I get booted back to Aurora. If I extract it and run the XEX file it works totally fine. I have tried converting the image to GOD with and without the ISO Rebuild option and neither makes a difference.

Anyone know why this might be the case?

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I have no clue in all honesty.
    Xex format should theoretically be quicker anyway as the 360 doesn't have to decypt the gamepackages before loading it in.

I do know some games won't work as xex rips due to the filename length limit.
    Or having illegal characters in the name.

3. AdmiralSpeedy
    OP

Apr 4, 2016
    Canada
    I know XEX is faster but I use the regular dash quite often so I was just trying to make all my games visible there by having them in GOD format.

I also was thinking it was maybe something to do with the title but the actual title on the XEX is really short (It's like "TC's GR Future Solder") so I know it isn't that. I guess I'll just leave this one extracted for now, but it's really weird considering you can buy the game digitally, so it does work in GOD format somehow.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    If you have the game on disc you could try installing it, then using NXE2God.

You'd then have a GoD container created by the console so is a near 100% legit as possible, not that user created ones should be much different. As this is an unusual problem it might be worth trying.

5. AdmiralSpeedy
    OP

Apr 4, 2016
    Canada
    I would if my disc was actually working :P The reason I'm trying to do it this way is because my 360 was knocked over with my Future Soldier disc in it a long time ago and scratched the hell out of it. I'm looking around to see if anyone I know has a copy that I can borrow to try this way though.

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Ripping the disc like InsaneNutter said could be an option.

You could get your disc resurfaced.
    Maybe a Gamestop near you offers the service.