Getting wifi on desmuME

GETTING WIFI TO WORK ON DESMUME

First you will need a couple of things:

A Computer(of course)
A wired internet connection (via LAN cable)
Win PCap(PROVIDED)
A wi-fi compatible DesmuME(PROVIDED)
Any wi-fi compatible game.(DO NOT ASK FOR ANY LINKS TO ROMS OF COURSE....)

STEP 1 : Download this pack DesmuME wifi pack this contains Win Pcap and the other things you will need. Also a version 0.9.7 of desmuME with wifi capabilities enabled by slytherx HERE.Whichever version of desmume you are using ( 32 or 64 bit) in its own folder... along with any other files the emu may need in that same folder along with it.

STEP 2: Unzip contents and Install Win Pcap.After installation make sure and give Win Pcap exceptions in all firewall software..When installing Winpcap..check the option for starting the driver as windows starts up.

STEP 3: Open DesmuME(IMPORTANT NOTE....ALL WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA USERS MUST OPEN DESMUME AS AN ADMINISTRATOR OR ELSE AN ERROR WOULD OCCUR WHEN CONNECTING TO WIFI" and go to Config--->Emulation settings. Now set the correct paths for the ARM 7 BIOS, ARM 9 bios and Firmware bin...of course it would be wherever you downloaded it to...Make sure the "Use external Bios image" "Use external firmware image" ,"Boot from firmware like the nds" AND "Enabled Advanced bus level timing" are all checked...I am not sure about the rest so leave them unchecked.. It would now look like this...

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/setupg.png

STEP 4: IN desmuME still go to Conifg---> wifi and click on "Infrastructure mode"

STEP 5:Now open your game and go into Nintendo Wi-fi settings and search for an access point...u should see "SOFT AP" as one...test connection to that and it should work...I think this must be done every time you open/close the emulator....(Hey can't be too perfect)

STEP 6:Enjoy....
yaynds.gif

TRYFORCE's TUTORIAL ON GETTING WIFI TO WORK ON DesmuME ON ANDROID COMPATIBLE DEVICES

TryForce said:
Android users are in luck!!! I just tested WFC in pokemon black according to the op's tutorial except my connection to the internet is via USB tether to my Andoid phone!
I have a rooted MyTouch 3G (I'll try it on my new MyTouch 4g next week).
I'm running a hacked ver. of Cyanogen 6.1 Signed. I'm simply using Cyanogen mod's built-in USB tether.

Here's what I did:
a. Follow Lune's directions for DesmuME and winPcap setup.
b. Disconnect your current active internet connection.
c. Plug your 3g/4g data capable android device into a USB (2.0) port in your PC.
d. Set your phone to tether via USB. In Cyanogen 6.1 this can be done via Settings->Wireless & networks->Tethering. Check the box next to usb tethering.
e. Verify that you have established an internet connection. Windows 7 sees my device as a network adapter called "Remote NDIS based internet sharing device". Regardless of the device ID, you should have a valid IP and be able to browse the web.
f. Restart Windows (This is necessary to let winpcap work "its magic").
g. Don't forget to run desmume as administrator in Windows 7/Windows vista!!
h. In desmume's wifi settings (config->wi-fi), you should see your android device's manufacturer in the dropdown box. Mine simply said "HTC". Select it.
i. You should be set!

Again, this was tested on a rooted mytouch 3g running Cyanogen 6.1. Results may vary. I can probably help some people who need it. For more information about rooting your android device, check out the cyanogen mod forums (make sure you understand the risks involved).

Thanks for this tut, Lune!

Video of me on gts in Pokemon White
Went on GTS

Video of a wifi battle on Pokemon white (lost of course..):
Wfi battle

NOTE:AGAIN I HEARD THIS ONLY WORKS FOR WIRED CONNECTIONS you could try on wireless i guess...

GAMES TESTED SO FAR:

Pokemon White/Black:Works good was able to do random battle and go on gts...i think union room has Anti piracy stuff in it but didnt try it..
Mario kart DS:For some reason everything goes well but race never starts
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the nexus : Works very good no problems..
Tetris Ds:Works great

ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING

BEFORE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MAKE SURE THESE THINGS ARE DONE FIRST:
-Again..have a wired connection by a cable (lan cable)
-Run desmuME as an administrator
-"For anyone getting 'Unable to get IP address' or 'Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi network' errors, you need to check your router firewall settings. I use DD-WRT and an enabled SPI Firewall will not allow you access, disabling that let everything work fine.(by Forumpost)
-Disabling any firewalls that you think would be blocking the process...
-WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA users must go to network and sharing center and make sure that your connection type is set to HOME network and NOT PUBLIC OR WORK(work may work but meh)
-In the Wi-fi settings in desmume make sure it is set ton infrastructure mode and also the correct bridging is enabled with your ETHERNET CONTROLLER (your network adapter)
- Try pressing tab when connecting to nintendo wi fi connection..weird but might work

Emulator doesn't save: You would have to go into PATH SETTINGS and set your own paths for screenchots,cheats,roms,saveram etc.

Error Code 52000/52001/52002:Check your modem status and change it from bridging to PPPOE or PPPOA(sometimes work).Also double check the WEP key you entered(if used).Make sure if your on windows 7 that you have run the emulator as an administrator and also check that it's connection is an exception in your firewall/antivirus software

Error Code 52100:There could be Ip address conflict going on...you will have to give your ds its own ip address rather than using dhcp to find its own..check HERE
for help on doing that(too long to type..).Also you can try chaging the dns to 4.2.2.2 4.2.2.3 4.2.2

Error with saving wifi settings: "try keeping the external bios and firmware but without booting to ds on."

CREDITS GO TO:
DJPlace:Testing Mario kart ds
Dreamboy21: For information on the firewall exceptions and testing Tetris Ds
ryuga93:Info on error 52000
slytherx: HUGE THANKS for compiling the 0.9.7 version to use wi-fi
Forumpost: For information on disabling firewall in router settings
soc4real: For information on bridging connection with Ethernet controllers.
Tryforce:Another HUGE THANKS for tutorial on getting wi-fi to work using android devices.
Chojo: with help on error 52100
Jayc & 007 shinobi: Help on getting wifi settings to save
kay2kid: on help in "speed up connect" method

thunderscar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind reuploading or that tutorial please? I've been trying to compile the latest with the old wifi.cpp but it never works, and disables me from using wifi settings menu.
Tutorial would be really appreciated.

tero58

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hi guys, just wanted to post a fix to that damn 52200 error, heres a video from some guy i randomly found on yt skip the video to 9 min. and follow him.

Drewza

Trophies
XP
Country
yo dude, seems awesome but i think your links were taken down. could you please repost them and,if possible, email them to me as you wrote them initially. Thanx, i really wanna battle online. [email protected] (my email). Also, can this wifi ability be used with desmume mac version?

Dasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I've finally (sort of) got this working..

There was absolutely no chance that I was going to have this working with ethernet cable coming straight from my cable modem to my PC (Though I WAS able to get it to work if I used a virtual OS machine in windows 7, but that's too many steps and the performance was bad).

I recently got a wireless router with a multiport ethernet switch and now have the ethernet cable from the modem > Router and then on the router I use an ethernet port on it to connect to my PC.

It DOES work- at least it does with Tetris, I can play online Tetris with good performance and no lag. Using desmume Wifi version 0.9.7 ONLY though, any other version will give me errors.

While I can connect to Nintendo Wifi with Tetris & SVN .9.7 , I am unable to connect to Nintendo Wifi with some other games - Pokemon B/W or B2/W2 (Error code 52200 exclusively)

So, am I just getting bad roms? Also, what could be causing the errors with the other builds of Desmume wifi that I am getting while I am able to connect to wifi with Tetris?

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I am getting always error 5300 at connection in windows is wired connection and firewall ntivirus it was disable.

So what my problem??
Please help me

DarkX131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Lune, do you have any suggestion about how I might get past error 52100?
I don't have access to the router or it's firewall settings........
I might be able to ask the company supplying me but i don't think that they'll allow anyone
messing with their router and firewall........:(

Zara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im new here, i just did exactly what you said, but got error code 52000, and i wonder if we can play the game i played (with the original desmume) onto this wifi desmume, so to play my old game, but not start the whole game again.......

it sats start a new game.png

it says start a new game... ^

error 52000 wifi connected----)disconnected.png

it says error 52000

and

WIFI : SoftAP connected! (then)
WIFI : SoftAP disconnected

Ammar Ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hi im new here, i just did exactly what you said, but got error code 52000, and i wonder if we can play the game i played (with the original desmume) onto this wifi desmume, so to play my old game, but not start the whole game again.......

View attachment 7056

it says start a new game... ^

View attachment 7057

it says error 52000

and

WIFI : SoftAP connected! (then)
WIFI : SoftAP disconnected

Here is what you do to get continue your old save file on the new desmume:
Open the folder where your old desume is (the one on which you played the game originally), go to the "Battery" folder and copy the file in there (e.g Pokemon Platinum.dsv), Now paste it in the "Battery" folder where your new Desmume is saved.

P.S. Make sure you make an in-game save on your old desmume before doing any of this.

MacroKrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Lune, you might want to emphasize in your post the fact that you can tether from an android device in order to evade error 52000, it will surely help out a lot of people that might miss this out.
Also, as of may 2014, nintendo's servers are down, but there is an effort to make alternate servers, details are here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-nin...e-online-servers-for-ds-and-wii-games.362717/
and also here:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki
might also want to add that to the guide :)

I managed to get a game working and connected to wifi using tethering and without having to buy/get/find an ethernet cable.

*edit*
I know that you mentioned the above method of connecting using an android device, however I missed it in the first couple of skims through your post. That's why I'd recommend highlighting it in some way or another.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled a version of desmume 0.9.12 with working wifi that is set up for AltWFC (but your firmware settings might overwrite it and you'll have to resetup the wifi). Bios and firmware are still required otherwise games will think you're playing on a different DS, and you still need to boot from the firmware, but you can set autoboot in the DS settings. Still requires ethernet. No, Mario Kart DS won't work. I have no idea about pokemon.

Attachments

• DeSmuME_VS2010_release.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 775
Reactions: Lunos

Corgano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to post some of my findings in trying to get desmume wfc working on my laptop over wireless.

My system is win 8.1 64 bit. Success on other systems may vary

One place I saw suggested installing hamachi, and then setting config -> wifi settings -> Infrastructure settings and select the Hamachi virtual lan interface. Then you bridge your wifi and your hamachi networks, and it would work.

However using this method, every time I bridged the hamachi virtual adaptor it would keep resetting itself over and over until I unbridged it. I could not get this to work on any version of desmume.

Next thing I tried was using a VM, which I successfully got to work, but still need to test further. My setup uses virtualbox with a windows XP 32bit vm. The version of desmume I got working was IceDream's VS2012 release (32 bit) (Requires the VS2012 package here). As usual, BIOS / firmware / boot from firmware is required.

I tried to use bobmcjr's version of desmume posted above and could not get it to run successfully. IT hanged and froze the system after the window appeared. However running it on my windows 8.1 host worked fine, so it could be an error with the VM itself. Getting it to start at all on the windows xp VM required the VS C++ redistributable for 2005, 2008, and 2010 installed. On the windows 8 host system, it didn't require any additional redistributables (with VS2013 already installed.)

I know that you mentioned the above method of connecting using an android device, however I missed it in the first couple of skims through your post. That's why I'd recommend highlighting it in some way or another.
I'm going to try this next, so I only need one version of desmume / don't need a VM. Will post back with results.

Corgano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have not been able to make using my phone as a wifi adaptor work at all. IT shows up as a wired connection, and I can select it from the list in preferences -> wifi, but I keep getting errors (52000) when trying to connect. If anyone got this method to work, please let me know.

D MAS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus fuck why is top post fucking 72-pt font? Damn, that's huge.

Oh yeah, and megaupload.com is down, making my trip here fucking pointless.

Last edited by D MAS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over