Getting wifi on desmuME

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials & FAQs' started by Lune, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011

Getting wifi on desmuME by Lune at 2:05 AM (684,271 Views / 2 Likes) 452 replies

1. slytherx

Newcomer slytherx Newbie

United States
    I've had some requests for an updated version so here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?jqqp1gdnbsib50g. Do note that this is completly untested do not be suprised if wifi doesn't work. I'm only releasing this so the community can test it.

yzzbz likes this.

2. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    thank you! will try and test,

edit: tested it and same wifi related errors as before, but running much smoothly thanks!
    errors: Mario Kart DS never able to race Animal Crossing nobody able to go to your town but you can go to theirs Pokemon unable to trade via FC

3. Rhythem02

Newcomer Rhythem02 Newbie

Philippines
    Hi I'm using a usb broadband stick, will it work?

4. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    found out something odd, to people who use wireless connections, its unsupported because winPcap cannot detect it, however if you use Virtual Box and emulate a computer, then try the emulator out, the WiFi will work.

anyone know any windows connection bridging applications that winPcap can detect?

5. Dasm

Newcomer Dasm Newbie

United States
    I have been unable to get the wifi to connect for ages! No one has ever attempted to sort my problems out- But I have made some progress. I am able to run Desmume wifi while using a virtualbox with a virtual Win XP machine. The only problem is that it is VERY slow. Please, someone, try to help me, I beg you! I get the 52000 every time unless I'm using virtualbox (which I can't because it runs so slowly)

Windows 7 64bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 470 1280ram, AMD Phenom II X6 @ 3.5GHz, Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller is connected directly via internet to my cable modem.

Edit- I can run the newest revision ( r4334 ) at full speed inside of the XP virtual machine, though I continuously receive the 20104 error (unable to connect to Nintendo Wifi, even after placing the replacement .dfc file.

Edit- Apparently I placed the .dfc file in the wrong place, I have rectified my issues- though if any one could think of a way for me to connect on my PC without the use of virtualbox, that would be awesome.

6. adelsmud

Newcomer adelsmud Newbie

United Kingdom
    I always seem to get error 52200. I've done everything. It worked months ago but now it doesn't work.

7. quiks

Newcomer quiks Newbie

United States
    i am getting the same error to. plyz some one PM me or write here the solution or advices. Becouse i think a lot of people are getting this error 52200 :) thanks

8. ertre

Newcomer ertre Member

Netherlands
    Still no solution to connect with wireless?

Is it impossible to make it detectable or is no one even trying to fix it?

9. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Nobody's looking for a fix mainly because Nintendo would find a counter-fix within days - it's too much effort for too little return for most developers, especially with DS and flashcart prices being so low.

10. pokeblink

Newcomer pokeblink Newbie

Mexico
    Could you use the jit version as base? It runs much better with the dynamic recompiler than the official compilation. Not sure if I can post the link but just google for desmume jit and it should be one of the first results.

11. Herox

Newcomer Herox Member

United States
    I have been trying to get this going for hours. I have tryed everything from multiple tutorials. It always gives me an error 20104 and I'm getting frustrated. I have run it as admin, I have tried different firmware.dfc from another tutorial. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I don't even get the message about connecting to nintendo's servers.

Specs

FX 8150
    MSI 890FXA-GD70 < -- Using ethernet port 2
    7970 lightning
    12gb ddr3 1600mhz G.skill
    windows 7 ultimate x64

Where am i going wrong?

12. Jaden.

Member Jaden. GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Anyone knows how to fix error 20100?

13. JamesAaronSpirin

Newcomer JamesAaronSpirin Newbie

United Kingdom
    I downloaded this the other day (found by Google search, didn't realise there was a newer version) and it works fine, as long as you have the proper Bios files and run both the emulator and Winpcap as administrator. Bagged myself a Genesect for Pokemon White 2. :)

14. Lorenzo Morgan

Newcomer Lorenzo Morgan Newbie

United States
    I get wifi to work, but when I try to wifi battle my friend it'll just say awaiting connection and then connection lost. And solutions?

15. slytherx

Newcomer slytherx Newbie

United States
  16. Pablitox

Member Pablitox GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    i will give up on this one, have a wireless router connected but ican't seem to get it to work

he guess im just a failure

17. Dasm

Newcomer Dasm Newbie

United States
    I've been trying to get this to work for THE longest time now, and I have had some success, but it's not what I want.

My connection is as follows- I am connected straight from my cable modem into my Network interface card with Cat 6 ethernet.. The absolutely ONLY way that I could get desmume's wifi to work was to use a virtualbox (emulate an OS inside of my OS via a virtual machine) and run it that way, but I lost some speed- Does any one know wtf could be going on?- I think it has something to do with the infrastructure of my connection, I wish I knew how I could emulate a router between my modem and PC somehow.

18. galaxiadarkness

Newcomer galaxiadarkness Newbie

United States
    Can anyone help me out? I am using a wired connection, I set Windows firewall to have exceptions for Winpcap and Desmume. As far as I can tell, I have my emulator set up exactly like the tutorial, and I'm running Desmume as an administrator. I don't have any other firewalls. At first, I was getting an error saying I couldn't connect to the IP, but that changed (not sure what I did) and now I keep getting 20104: Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi. The only difference that I can pick up on from what everyone else says should happen is that in many of the video tutorials I watched, a command prompt pops up behind Desmume when they launce it, which is not happening for me. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I thought I should mention it. I'm really stumped.

19. Tim Chong

Newcomer Tim Chong Newbie

Hong Kong
    I would like to ask DesmuME wifi pack new Address?
    Or give me already fix wifi function of the source code me
    thanks!
    My English is not good,because i am hong kong:lol:

20. 007shinobi

Newcomer 007shinobi Member

United States
    Thanks for the update as always, but it seems you have forgotten to activate your account xD