Getting wifi on desmuME

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials & FAQs' started by Lune, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011

Getting wifi on desmuME by Lune at 2:05 AM (614,491 Views / 1 Likes) 447 Comments

• Newcomer

RandeepSingh New Member

Message Count:
    im getting error 52100...... could anyone plz explain how to fix this in detail!!!!
    :( :(

• Newcomer

RandeepSingh New Member

Message Count:
    i have a broadband pppoe connection and im pretty much a noob so any other details required plz ask me!!!
    • Newcomer

RandeepSingh New Member

Message Count:
    i dont understand what theyre talking about on nintendo support site....... simple english plz!!!! :lol:
    • Newcomer

RandeepSingh New Member

Message Count:
    update(if anybody's following :( ) getting error 52101 now !!!! no idea wth is going on
    • Newcomer

RandeepSingh New Member

Message Count:
    if i change my ssid i get error 51099 ??? if i dont i get error 52100... im literally begging u guys!!! plz help.. i created an account here just so i could post on this forum!!
    • Newcomer

ZidaneTribal New Member

Message Count:
    I get error code 20100 and 24101 when trying to connect to pokemon white gts
    but when i try testing my connection it says it is successful.

ive also tried connecting with a friend using pokemon wifi club and it works fine when connecting with it,
    but when joining a battle or trade it always ends up with an error..

can somebody help me please? x_x
    im on windows xp using desmume.
    • Newcomer

kungfumidget New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Can someboy help me everytime i try to trade with someone or go to someones town in animal crossing... I get error 86420 ... I know my internet is working cos i can send pokemon to dream world
    • Newcomer

slytherx New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi all I've had some requests for a more recent svn build so here's a completely untested version compiled from the most recent code. If there are any problems please report them.
    Link: https://rapidshare.com/files/7598221/desmume_wifi_r4175.zip
    • Newcomer

danz5557 New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia
    Error Code 20104 and 52000 Fix :

First the only version that worked for me is this
    DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn3947 with WinPcap : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r80vhao950i8tgy

Now open your DeSmuME as administrator for Windows 7/Vista
    ‚ÄčAs usual you will see this

[IMG]

What you gotta do is download these firmware.dfc
    1. Firmware.dfc : http://www.mediafire.com/?cg6oyb6btcnfhyb
    (Credit to John246l)
    Put your firmware.dfc to your DeSmuME folder.

[IMG]

Now just pressing CTRL+R to reset the emulator and it might fix the problem.

[IMG]

Now go test your connection and you will notice it says connection succesful.

[IMG]

Hope this help everyone...^^
    • Newcomer

Muuv Stehpah New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I have error 52000 and I have followed the tutorial and your instructions, and these are my current conditions:

I am connected directly to a wired modem that has no configuration options.
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, factory image.
    My firewall is completely off.
    I am running r4178 fix x86.
    None of the other revisions have worked.
    I am already an administrator so I do not need to do so for the executable specifically, unless it is required.
    I have added WinPCap to my DEP exceptions list. I cannot add 64-bit executables.
    I am following all directions to the dot.

How would I solve my problem? Do I need to call my ISP and ask them if I can access my router in-depth?
    • Newcomer

danz5557 New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia

You are using r4178
    I said it only worked on Desmume Svn3947!
    You better change your version to Svn3947.
    • Newcomer

Muuv Stehpah New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I mentioned that none of the revisions I've used have worked. I have used several revisions across several forums that were reported to have been successful.

To be honest, I actually tried r3947 first, but it was unsuccessful. In fact, it keeps telling me that it's going to have to nuke packets.

Every revision I've tried gives me error 52000, so I have no idea what to do.
    • Newcomer

danz5557 New Member

Message Count:
    Malaysia

Do you have wired connection?

If you have wired connection and still get Errorcode 52000 then you need to Disable Extra Networks and Firewall.
    • Newcomer

Muuv Stehpah New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I mentioned that I have a wired connection.
    I have disabled extra networks and I mentioned that I turned Windows Firewall off completely.

My first post explains everything that I've already done, so I'm at a huge loss.
    • Newcomer

NeoDomino New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I have error code 52000, pls help me.
    • Newcomer

PavPev New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Hey I am having a nightmare trying to get this to work for me! I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot anything I haven't thought of or done already!

I used both the guide here and the one on Romulation to get WIFI working but it all ends up with error code: 52101
    So I followed the help and changed my IP and DNS settings to manual as suggested and now its error code: 52100
    So I had a look at the router, it's a Netgear Virgin Media crap one so not many settings, but I tried channel 11 instead of 1 and I also noticed that when I'm testing my connection, I can see a 'Nintendo DS' on the client list, so at least it's getting that far!

I also had a look in the cmd window whilst its testing connection and I can a line saying
    WIFI: SoftAP dosconnected
    That pops up just before either error.

So I've also tried all the above on another computer, it was on a Windows 7 laptop, now on a Windows 7 desktop, both with UAC and all firewalls turned off and an Admin account and still run as admin too, just in case!
    Same errors.
    So I went back to r4003, I was using r4153, same errors
    So I went WAY back to svn3947, also because it uses WinPcap v4.1.1 instead of v4.1.2, just in case it was that...no change
    I've also tried a few different firmwares, so many different combinations of settings in Config>Wifi and emulator but I still get these same error codes!
    I really don't know what else to try! I hate posting noobish stuff like this because I always like to troubleshoot it for myself, as I have done, but I am pretty stuck now...

Thanks in advance!

Pav

p.s. the game I am trying to get online with is Pokemon Diamond...because I'm sad like that...
    • Newcomer

V1no12 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So I have done all the steps required and the only thing I can't do is change to Infrastructure mode i don't have a fake IP or hamachi I have a wired internet connection but nothing comes down in the wi-fi drop down box also I can't install WinPcap it says a older version in already installed then aborts the install although I have never installed it but some people say you don't need need it help please. :/
    • Newcomer

yoyoma724 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    -have a wired connection with wireless turned off
    -have winpcap installed
    -norton and windows firewalls disabled
    -run desmume as administrator
    -using external arm9 and arm7 bios images and firmware
    -boot from firmware and enable bus-level timing both checked off
    -infrastructure marked off in wifi settings

When I try testing the connection I'll have green bars for a while then they turn red and I get either 52000 or 24101 error message.

I tried putting in my router's WEP key but then the bars stay red the whole time and I get a message saying to check that the WEP is correct. When I try putting in my IP address it won't even test the connection, saying the settings are invalid.

EDIT: I tried svn3947, but same issues. I don't know if these settings matter, but it seems whenever I enter the WEP key the bars stay red. I filled in all the settings below that though (IP address, gateway, DNS, etc.) and it took longer to test but still gave me an error.

Do I appear to be missing any steps?

Thanks a lot to the guy who posted the tutorial and to everyone who's trying to help out.
    • Newcomer

taylorover9000 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    PROBLEM!!! I can't get past the DS first boot settings. :/
    And DeSmuME freezes for no reason when using a save state
    Edit: Just got past it!
    • Newcomer

slytherx New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I've had a bit more time to look at the wifi code and managed to get the newest revision of desmume working on wifi using the old wifi code. Download/test here http://www.mediafire.com/?d1t27t64c2rzr3u
    1 people like this.