Hacking Getting the OTP for N3DS. Question on sys nand and emu nand size

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i got another question here. Right now i am working on gettign otp for my n3ds and I am backing up my system naND AND EMUnand. Atm my system nand size seems right but my emunand size is like 600mb smaller. I remember my o3ds where all the nand size is the same.

Actually, to be exact, my sysnand show the size of Toshiba NAND while my emu nand show the size of Samsung NAND

Last edited by Xellos2099,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Ok i got another question here. Right now i am working on gettign otp for my n3ds and I am backing up my system naND AND EMUnand. Atm my system nand size seems right but my emunand size is like 600mb smaller. I remember my o3ds where all the nand size is the same.

Have you looked into the troubleshooting guide?

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, as long as it size matches any of the of the nands. if its different than any of them then dont flash it.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, as long as the sysnand is bigger than the emunand, you're fine. If it was the other way around, then you'd have an issue (I highly doubt this would ever happen unless you really didn't know what you're doing).

3dsn00b

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, to be exact, my sysnand show the size of Toshiba NAND while my emu nand show the size of Samsung NAND
Someone pointed out to me the other day that it will use the smallest size now. Which is the 1.2GB Samsung based NAND as the Toshiba one really only uses 1.2GB, just that the rest of the NAND is written in zeros to fill it to 1.8GB. This is normal. You only need 1.2GB for the emuNAND.

Last edited by 3dsn00b,
Reactions: proflayton123
D

Deleted User

What people seem to be missing here is that the OP most likely has a 1.8GB NAND.
If you're using RedNAND (as mentioned in the guide) it shaves off the unneccesary portion (with emuNAND being 1.2GB)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Xellos2099 The guide was updated to use RedNAND, essentially it's a minimal image of your NAND which may not actually fill the whole NAND chip (there's an option for backing up sysNAND in Decrypt9 called minSize that does the same thing). It's perfectly fine the that sysNAND backup is not the same size as the emuNAND backup. It's not listed in the troubleshooting section because it's not an issue.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...