Gaming Getting Odyssey early...how?

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be waiting in a hospital for 3 days for my brothers sickness, so I was wondering if there was a way to get Odyssey early on the 26th. If I bought a EUR or JAP eshop code, since it releases "earlier", if I do that, will I be able to change the language to English? I don't want to be playing a game with text i cant understand. Thanks.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. I would go check out the Japanese page for Mario Odyssey and translate the page to see what languages it supports. If you can't do that, your best bet is a Walmart leak or being extremely lucky and getting it early in the mail.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also you could buy it from the Australia eShop if it goes up at local time. Just be prepared to pay extra!

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. I would go check out the Japanese page for Mario Odyssey and translate the page to see what languages it supports. If you can't do that, your best bet is a Walmart leak or being extremely lucky and getting it early in the mail.

Also you could buy it from the Australia eShop if it goes up at local time. Just be prepared to pay extra!
well, would making my region japan and using that region trick to use the jap eshop and get it early?

how...much extra?

rileysrjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, would making my region japan and using that region trick to use the jap eshop and get it early?

how...much extra?
Make a Japanese eShop account and an Australian eshop account. Then see if the Japanese version has English built in. If it does, compare the converted price between the Japan and Australian versions and see which one is cheaper. Then use PayPal to purchase it when the 26th rolls around.

Reactions: sorabora

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a Japanese eShop account and an Australian eshop account. Then see if the Japanese version has English built in. If it does, compare the converted price between the Japan and Australian versions and see which one is cheaper. Then use PayPal to purchase it when the 26th rolls around.
thank you for your help. im assuming supported languages would be in the game info?

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be waiting in a hospital for 3 days for my brothers sickness, so I was wondering if there was a way to get Odyssey early on the 26th. If I bought a EUR or JAP eshop code, since it releases "earlier", if I do that, will I be able to change the language to English? I don't want to be playing a game with text i cant understand. Thanks.

Eur version definitely has english, and some nintendo games in jap have english too, although there's no way to know.

FE Musou released at 2 am (east coast) so it's not too bad though.

Last edited by deinonychus71,

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eur version definitely has english, and some nintendo games in jap have english too, although there's no way to know.

FE Musou released at 2 am (east coast) so it's not too bad though.
ok so I did a time converter of 11pm cst to london time(for the eur region) and it showed 5am the next morning, am I getting something wrong here

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a thread with a complete list of japanese games with english on neogaf but it doesn't seem like it's working right now
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349430
that would only get it for you a twelve hours early anyways not worth the hassle.
best bet is find a walmart that put it on shelves early and hope it isn't time locked
so I changed region to JAP and it releases at 1pm there if I'm not wrong, since it releases at 11pm where i'm at. Is there anything special i have to do to buy it?

rileysrjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I changed region to JAP and it releases at 1pm there if I'm not wrong, since it releases at 11pm where i'm at. Is there anything special i have to do to buy it?
Where are you at, us? If so that doesn't sound right... Anyways check when it'll release in the Australian eshop too. It'll be more expensive probably but you'll get it a couple hours earlier.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1pm? that's a little suspicious 1pm on the 27th in japan is midnight east coast america i'm guessing you live in central timezone it might be getting a simultaneous worldwide release at midnight eastern

i haven't done it but you could try buying a code from amazon.co.jp i wouldn't preorder it though just incase there comes another way to get it early if someone were to get one of those bundles early and redeem the code from it it'd probably work.

Last edited by jefffisher,

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you at, us? If so that doesn't sound right... Anyways check when it'll release in the Australian eshop too. It'll be more expensive probably but you'll get it a couple hours earlier.
yeah i live in Central time, so I've checked the Australian time zone and it seems to release at 3pm, instead of Japans 1pm. They both support english however. Japan is also cheaper

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
there was a thread with a complete list of japanese games with english on neogaf but it doesn't seem like it's working right now
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349430
that would only get it for you a twelve hours early anyways not worth the hassle.
best bet is find a walmart that put it on shelves early and hope it isn't time locked
neogaf is downed because the site owner is having tea with the cops (don't remember the detail)
I've been using this site for a while now, it's pretty good:
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...-games-with-english-language-option-in-japan/

D

Deleted User

neogaf is downed because the site owner is having tea with the cops (don't remember the detail)
I've been using this site for a while now, it's pretty good:
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...-games-with-english-language-option-in-japan/
literally just saw your post as I was gonna say this.

Basically, Neogaf owner is said to have commited multiple counts of sexual assault, so there's a mass exodus occuring from the site. Even moderators are fleeing. You can find this out with a simple google search.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I hope that your brother is okay, isn't he ?

Wow, nobody cares about how is your brother doing before answer the questions. Sighing.

Anyway, me too but we can wait a little longer. I hope that you find something to keep you busy while in a hospital for 3 days for your brother's sickness.

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that your brother is okay, isn't he ?

Wow, nobody cares about how is your brother doing before answer the questions. Sighing.

Anyway, me too but we can wait a little longer. I hope that you find something to keep you busy while in a hospital for 3 days for your brother's sickness.
yeah he has a weird birth defect where he had 2 ureters on 1 kidney, and it was causing problems, so hes getting it removed. thanks

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Simplygames.co.uk are sending it out very early "sadly", it either arrived like the leak on Monday morning and check the site you will see it says "in stock" this is not normal from them, if you ordered now you would get it by Wednesday and later Thursday ;)

Edit: they have changed the site now becuse of the leak but they do have it in stock, trust me!

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended