Gaming Getting good at smash

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I want to be able to become decent-good at smash. I'm a newbie.

What are your guys best hints and tips?

I really like the look of maining Rosalina.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What kind of controller are you using? Try any but GamePad and Wiimote (w/Nunchuk).

Smash Wii U got a lot better for me after I started playing again with the GameCube controller.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of controller are you using? Try any but GamePad and Wiimote (w/Nunchuk).

Smash Wii U got a lot better for me after I started playing again with the GameCube controller.

what's wrong with the gamepad?

I use the wii u pro controller mostly. I would like to use gamecube controllers but the adapter seems to be a myth... unless you pay $150+

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Spent all of yesterday playing 8 player smash with 8 GameCube controllers. Personally, I dont see much difference with WiiU pro controller to a GameCube controller, aside from the flipped shoulder buttons (which I remapped).

My best tip to improve yourself is play against a single CPU and learn when to attack/dodge/shield, then start adding more players in to learn how to read the flow of battle. And when you want a challenge, make teams against you and learn how to run, counter and control groups of enemies.

Or just play against people. The more you play, the more you learn.

TomWieck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how in the hell can you play with 8 gamecube controllers at once? can't you only use 1 adapter at a time?

You can use the USB ports and the front and back, and IIRC it only actually requires the black USB to function, grey bit is for Rumble and Wavebirds only

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
what's wrong with the gamepad?

I use the wii u pro controller mostly. I would like to use gamecube controllers but the adapter seems to be a myth... unless you pay $150+

Delayed response is not something you want on Smash Wii U.

how in the hell can you play with 8 gamecube controllers at once? can't you only use 1 adapter at a time?

Wii U has 4 USB ports: 2x front, 2x rear.

Here's a picture of a Wii U with 2x GameCube adapters connected (probably from some Smash Wii U Tournament or so).

wii_u_supports_two_gamecube_controller_adapters.jpg

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Step 1. Get to know the terminology used in competitive Smash Bros. and play as Diddy Kong
Step 2. Master Dthrow and Uair (if you don't know what these are, go back to Step 1)
Step 3. Play in For Glory as Diddy Kong
Step 4. Enjoy a life full of wealth, riches, and fame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1