Hacking Getting CFW!!!!!!!!!!

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so my new 3ds xl is on 11.3E and I want to get cfw.
The problem is my screws are stripped and CAN NOT COME OUT. So don't say use a rubber band since it didn't work.

I know that when you're on 2.1 you can't use the system setting wireless transfer so I was just wondering can I put on all the files at the start. Also when it says to take out your sd card I will just click power.
Also if I have no theme on 11.3 will my system turn on, on 2.1.
Please answer :D

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can put all the files you're gonna need on right at the start if you have the space.

No, your system will not load to the home menu if you have the SD card inserted on 2.1, theme or not.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r u sure the screws r stripped? the screws don't come out all the way, just enough for u to use ur fingernails to pop the back off. it's not hard to do if that's ur issue.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using a screw driver that is one size larger. works almost every time i strip any kind of screw.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's most likely been using a knife to remove the screws, which probably stripped them to oblivion.
if they have a power drill with those twisted looking bits, they can easily drill the top of the screw off and pop the cover right off. but something tells me this person does not have any of that.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Can it go back on?
Yes. The screws aren't the only thing that keep the backplate on. It has plastic snaps as well. I did the same to mine for easy access because the screws are a nuisance, and are permanently a part of the backplate due to the small washers on them. If you break the loops on the plate that hold them then you can easily remove the plate.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: godreborn

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL ... i losened the screws on my N3dsXL and never re tightened them ... and i have removed the backplate so many times that one of the screws is actually now missing because the plastic around it broke .... not a big deal as it dident mess with the back plate in any way

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do u guys mess up these screws? lol I have a collection of screwdrivers from torx to triwing to philips head with low gauges. I've never had such problems with any of my systems.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
how do u guys mess up these screws? lol I have a collection of screwdrivers from torx to triwing to philips head with low gauges. I've never had such problems with any of my systems.
I didn't mess mine up mind you. I purposely broke my backplate because they're so damn annoying. :P I dunno why Nintendo used them, especially since the plastic is so flimsy anyway and easily breakable. The plastic snaps themselves are secure enough as well.

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't mess mine up mind you. I purposely broke my backplate because they're so damn annoying. :P I dunno why Nintendo used them, especially since the plastic is so flimsy anyway and easily breakable. The plastic snaps themselves are secure enough as well.
I used my stylus to prop it up think I should just force it off now?

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they have a power drill with those twisted looking bits, they can easily drill the top of the screw off and pop the cover right off. but something tells me this person does not have any of that.
Haha! My first thought was to drill the heads off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?