Getting Castlevania: SotN (PS1) on Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Opium, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Opium
    OP

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I've got a quick question. I live in Australia and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night isn't on the Vita's PS Store in my region. Strangely though, it's available on the PS Store if accessed from the good old PSP.

My question is: if I buy the game on my PSP, can I then download it from my download list on the Vita? Has anyone from Australia done that before? I know some games that aren't available for purchase on the Vita's store will download from your download list, but not all of them.

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
  3. Opium
    OP

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Thanks. I'm not running any exploits on my Vita though. I'd like to buy Castlevania from the store. I just don't know if I'd be wasting my money if it doesn't let me download it on my Vita.

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Do you happen to have a PS3? It's possible to download the content on the PS3 and then transfer to the PSVita. Not sure if it works in this case, but the method should work in any case.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    It might work on the PC with MediaGo as well. I know it sounds like an odd source but I saw soulx post something along those lines. Might be worth asking him. I'd tag him in this post but the new forum doesn't support that function.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    That. You can often get content that's otherwise unavailable using MediaGo or the newly-lauched SEN/PSN Online Store (proxies and whatnot, woot!).