Hardware Getting a Wii U soon, questions about transferring from modded Wii

kyiori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been around here since I found out about soft modding the Wii.

I have a soft modded Wii loaded with WADs, Homebrew Channel, the works. I figure I would avoid doing the system transfer that Nintendo has since I don't want some of those things being transferred. But, I would like to transfer only specific save files of games that I have. Would stripping the copy protection from games and copying the save file to the SD card be enough to transfer them over to the Wii U? I don't intend to mod the Wii U.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official transfer tool does not allow you to pick and choose. It is safe however to use even on a modded Wii.

All your legitimate content will be transferred and all the other stuff will be left behind.

You should be able to transfer some saves with an SD card, but some games like Smash and Kart console lock the saves. I do not think you can transfer them to a non-modified Wii U without doing the official transfer process.

In addition, you can simply do a NAND dump before you do the official transfer. When it's done you can restore it to get all the stuff back the official transfer deleted. The only issue with this is accessing the Wii Shop channel on your old Wii after doing this will restore the DRM on purchased content that is officially moved and will disable it on the console it is not supposed to be on.

Pontes De Leon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii U. I have a soft modded Wii. I'd like to be able to copy all of my saves onto the Wii U and retain them on the Wii. This is so I could play SSBB and MKW on both the Wii and Wii U in different rooms. Is there no way to do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.