Hardware Getting a new computer

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hackintosh isn't even close to the real experience, still can't update normally, and is not really a Mac. Part of the experience is that you don't have to fuck with drivers (kexts) to make your graphics card work, you just plug it in and it's done. That doesn't go on a hackintosh. Same for sound, boot camp, etc.
You're probably right; OSX isn't worth the effort.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hackintosh isn't even close to the real experience, still can't update normally, and is not really a Mac. Part of the experience is that you don't have to fuck with drivers (kexts) to make your graphics card work, you just plug it in and it's done. That doesn't go on a hackintosh. Same for sound, boot camp, etc.

The real thing is worth the zero effort involved. Have fun with Windows. With that, I am going to sleep; It's 4 am.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The real thing is worth the zero effort involved.
For two-three times the price, I'll have to disagree.

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

This is because you are poor.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

While that is true to an extent, most people would prefer not to throw money away.

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

While that is true to an extent, some people would prefer not to throw money away.

Paying for a better experience is worth it to people who are you not you.

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as more people buy Iphones/Touches, they are exposed to the OSX experience and most like it, buying mac minis and Imacs.

Feel free to present any evidence backing up this statement.

75%

I am not digging up Apple sale figures and Iphone/Ipod touch sales figures, tieing them together, and posting them at 4 in the fucking morning
Then your claim is worthless.

80%

DrKupo

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as more people buy Iphones/Touches, they are exposed to the OSX experience and most like it, buying mac minis and Imacs.

Feel free to present any evidence backing up this statement.

75%

I am not digging up Apple sale figures and Iphone/Ipod touch sales figures, tieing them together, and posting them at 4 in the fucking morning
Then your statement is meaningless.

80%

My statement is correct, was backed up by numerous industry sources, and on tuaw a month or so, go look at it if you care. I am right, you are wrong, tis the way of the world.

I am going to sleep, secure in my victory over you.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to sleep, secure in my victory over you.
604nile.jpg

Its been a pleasure trolling.

89%

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Meh, i 'built' my computer with about $900 w/o the monitor (or orignal windows 8D).

Specs:
nForce 680LTSli motherboard
intel 2.4Ghz E6600 C2D processor
GeForce 8500GT GFX card
2 Gigs APOGEE ram (1*2GB in dual channel)
320GB SATA Western Digital HDD

Yeah that's about it. I payed like $35 or something for a PC case. Nothing fancy or known, but either way i don't need a great case

Basically Mac is for people who hate Windows and have a bunch of extra money

Edit: Look at my sig, that message is actually real. Look how LOW apple have sunken, that they actually promote their product because you can install windows alongside it. Seriously that's just pathetic. However i think that the Mac OSX is probably pretty good, even though i didn't try it, but most people hate it because it's too expensive, has bad support for a crapload of programs/games etc., and that it's completely different and would take time to get used to. What's that you say? Linux has even WORSE support than Mac? Well yeah ofcourse but the difference is that Linux is free, and there are some patches which make windows progs work.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Meh, i 'built' my computer with about $900 w/o the monitor (or orignal windows 8D).

Specs:
nForce 680LTSli motherboard
intel 2.4Ghz E6600 C2D processor
GeForce 8500GT GFX card
2 Gigs APOGEE ram (1*2GB in dual channel)
320GB SATA Western Digital HDD

Yeah that's about it. I payed like $35 or something for a PC case. Nothing fancy or known, but either way i don't need a great case

Basically Mac is for people who hate Windows and have a bunch of extra money

Edit: Look at my sig, that message is actually real. Look how LOW apple have sunken, that they actually promote their product because you can install windows alongside it. Seriously that's just pathetic. However i think that the Mac OSX is probably pretty good, even though i didn't try it, but most people hate it because it's too expensive, has bad support for a crapload of programs/games etc., and that it's completely different and would take time to get used to. What's that you say? Linux has even WORSE support than Mac? Well yeah ofcourse but the difference is that Linux is free, and there are some patches which make windows progs work.

Funny how you call it a homo sexual OS in your sig but you have yet to try it, due to this how can you base an opinion on something you never used? And no the OS is not expensive, the Hardware is. The Actual OS is $130 vs a couple hundreds for Vista.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1