Hardware Getting a larger SD card for 3DS (few questions)

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a 16gb SD card for my 3DS an upgrade from the default 2GB one, due to having a ever growing collection of eShop games I am fast running out of space on the 2GB one.

What is the largest size the 3DS supports?

What can I do about the data on my currently used SD card?

Does the SD card hold game saves or anything I can't retrieve or move?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SDHC officially goes up to 32GB. Anything beyond that is SDXH, which might work, but you'll need to use alternate tools (or Linux) in order to format it to FAT32 so the 3DS will accept it.

You can copy the data from the old SD to the new one. Copying won't work across different 3DS units, but across different cards with the same unit should work fine.

The SD card might hold additional game data, but the main saves of cart games are stored on the carts.

Reactions: teh_ryn

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SDHC officially goes up to 32GB. Anything beyond that is SDXH, which might work, but you'll need to use alternate tools (or Linux) in order to format it to FAT32 so the 3DS will accept it.

You can copy the data from the old SD to the new one. Copying won't work across different 3DS units, but across different cards with the same unit should work fine.

The SD card might hold additional game data, but the main saves of cart games are stored on the carts.

Isn't it SDXC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao