Hacking Getting a Gateway

bouhrassa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if http://www.r4pick.com is a reliable seller ? It's the best price I found and It's on Shoptemp, but there is just 1 review and I can't find more info about warranty and customer support.
Thanks

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's available for $65 shipped at www.eachmall.com

You will need to make an account before you are able to search for flashcards there though.

I think they also give coupon for new people to their store so you could probably use a $2-3 off coupon and bring the cost down to even $62-63 shipped.

Personally, I used them several times and they are recommendable for cheaper price.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I would say this is not the time to buy gateway. Wait till their 2.0 actually comes out. If it doesn't you would be better off with the clones. (3dslink etc etc)

Right now 2.0 seems like it is vapour ware.

bouhrassa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say this is not the time to buy gateway. Wait till their 2.0 actually comes out. If it doesn't you would be better off with the clones. (3dslink etc etc)

Right now 2.0 seems like it is vapour ware.

Thanks for the advice, I was going to wait for 2.0 anyway. Already got a 4.4 3DS XL from Bestbuy.
It's available for $65 shipped at www.eachmall.com

You will need to make an account before you are able to search for flashcards there though.

I think they also give coupon for new people to their store so you could probably use a $2-3 off coupon and bring the cost down to even $62-63 shipped.

Personally, I used them several times and they are recommendable for cheaper price.

Thank you for the hint :lol:

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if you are impatient. Just buy the R4i Deluxe card. It's another 3DS card with exactly the same features as the Gateway card. With no ETA on Gateway updates, it seems like a better option to me and costs $41.77 shipped.

You can use that coupon. :P

sevqk5.png

bouhrassa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to prepare for the 2.0, If it doesn't release, I wont get a flashcard since I already played all the games I wanted before pokemon X/Y

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45.99 and probably exactly identical 1:1 hardware. I've bought knockoff stuff in the past and it proved to only be a different color of fab. Sometimes made by the same company as the original too.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to prepare for the 2.0, If it doesn't release, I wont get a flashcard since I already played all the games I wanted before pokemon X/Y

Wait for the Gateway, I wouldn't suggest getting the R4 card of the 3DS Link. Since it's probably true that they copied from Gateway. If you want support and a genuine product, pick up Gateway. That being said, I would suggest just waiting till v 2.0 comes out. There is a lot good things are going to come from it. Personally, I don't have a 3DS. But it isn't that popular in my area, so I can pick up a low version of 3DS anytime I want.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait for 2.0 fw update and then buy a gateway, support gateway team. only GW team are woorking on new fw.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heres an idea, wait for anyone to release anything.
People come into threads and say stuff like: UHHH TEAM X HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THEY WILL RELEASE FASTER, MY CRYSTAL BALL TOLD ME SO.

As it is:

Gateway released first with original content and released a video to show upcoming features
Clones managed to steal that and sell it as their own and also release a video of an upcoming feature.

Gateway is clearly ahead of the curve AS IT IS NOW, this can change by the clones ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING and not by blabbering fools spouting: IM ANGRY AT GATEWAY SO I WILL BUY A CLONE or ITS 10$ CHEAPER SO I KNOW IT WILL BE BETTER or the often quoted GATEWAY IS BETTER BECAUSE THEY USE BETTER HARDWARE.

Until the clones release anything Gateway is the superior cart, should any of the clones release sensible features they will have the better cart, simple as that.

bouhrassa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People come into threads and say stuff like: UHHH TEAM X HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THEY WILL RELEASE FASTER, MY CRYSTAL BALL TOLD ME SO.

As it is:

Gateway released first with original content and released a video to show upcoming features
Clones managed to steal that and sell it as their own and also release a video of an upcoming feature.

Gateway is clearly ahead of the curve AS IT IS NOW, this can change by the clones ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING and not by blabbering fools spouting: IM ANGRY AT GATEWAY SO I WILL BUY A CLONE or ITS 10$ CHEAPER SO I KNOW IT WILL BE BETTER or the often quoted GATEWAY IS BETTER BECAUSE THEY USE BETTER HARDWARE.

Until the clones release anything Gateway is the superior cart, should any of the clones release sensible features they will have the better cart, simple as that.

Agree

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country

As it is:

Clones released a video (same as Gateways feature). Can you link me to the hardware comparison of gateway/r4i?

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Clones released a video (same as Gateways feature). Can you link me to the hardware comparison of gateway/r4i?

" and also release a video of an upcoming feature." in the text you quoted :P
Hardware comparision is a thread somewhere on the forums here, but in the end hardware does not matter as much :)

ltra1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if you are impatient. Just buy the R4i Deluxe card. It's another 3DS card with exactly the same features as the Gateway card. With no ETA on Gateway updates, it seems like a better option to me and costs $41.77 shipped.

You can use that coupon. :P

sevqk5.png
What site is this?

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did yours already arrive and is it legit?

Didn't buy yet. I am waiting until multi-roms are supported and we could dump games using these cards.

Their store is good with service and customer support. I have ordered 4-5 times in last 2 years. They were formerly called eachgame.com

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I paid my gateway today. I'll write here if it will arrive or not, lol. the shipping time on the site is 10-20 business days, but I hope it takes less time... many reviews around the internet say that the products arrived sooner than expected.

p.s. I'm talking about eachmall, if it wasn't clear.

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i joined that eachmail site, but don't see any cards yet on there. Does it take a bit of time before i can see that stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr