Hardware Getting a 3DS tonight!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So, I made a deal with the wifey, and I get to buy a (NEW) 3DS at Gamestop and trade my games in on Amazon, since we need to do Christmas shopping anyway on Amazon, so $60 worth of free crap is always good. (Not exactly free, but I'm done with the games anyway)

I'm snagging a Flame Red one, and I might be picking up Super Mario 3D land as well, but I'm not dead set on that.

Pics later on tonight :D

D

Deleted User

I think there is a bundle that includes a red 3ds and mario land for like 10 cheaper, so you could always wait for that.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had a 3DS since launch, and have bought/played many games.

My personal recommendations are Super Mario 3D Land (It's awesome!), Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Not my type of game, but I love it. It's half-assed for a RE game, but it's still great. You could maybe find it cheap. Best Buy had it on sale for $20 a while ago), and of course Zelda.

I'm jealous of the flame red... I have aqua blue and love it.. but the red looks amazing!

Hope you love it as much as me/most people here. I'll be glad to swap friend codes with you if you want.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I'd definitely recommend SM3DL, as it's an amazing game, albeit a little on the easy side.

That my good man is a understatement Super Mario 3D land is VERY easy (if you've ever beaten NSMB on wii or ds then its abit easier then that) but it makes up for it by having a second game (its really just 8 worlds worth of level edits and I think 2 or 3 new powerups) which proves to be much harder then the first. Its also just flat out fun to play (even if the cammera makes me rage some times :3). I would recommend it as a first game if your waiting for another game like MK7 or KI, RE is also cool and DoA or SSF are great fighters.

Reactions: 1 person

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't have any games. I haven't found any selling for $10 or less.
there are plenty of 10$ games on the e-shop... but if you are talking about 3ds cartridge for 10$ i hope you get what you pay for... if a game is worth it i would pay 60$ .. and will be when re revelations comes out...

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't have any games. I haven't found any selling for $10 or less.
there are plenty of 10$ games on the e-shop... but if you are talking about 3ds cartridge for 10$ i hope you get what you pay for... if a game is worth it i would pay 60$ .. and will be when re revelations comes out...
I don't mean the eShop. I need to find a decent game cartridge for cheap.

SM3DL is a great game
also i recommend to you pokemon rumble blast
Rumble blast I'd be willing to buy, but I couldn't find it at Gamestop.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with that. In my experience, the only cartridge games you tend to find for $10 or less are used five-year-old stinkers without any packaging or manuals.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with that. In my experience, the only cartridge games you tend to find for $10 or less are used five-year-old stinkers without any packaging or manuals.
I don't really feel the need for packaging, and isn't there a built in manual for the 3DS?

Yes, but there are also no 5 year old 3ds games. Only crap DS ones half of the time.

W

wii-dog

guy didnt buy a 3ds and was broke and has to get to foodbank for food if we were there i would let you play mine scrooge is at his house . ...............merry christmas...........happy new year

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I made a deal with the wifey, and I get to buy a (NEW) 3DS at Gamestop and trade my games in on Amazon, since we need to do Christmas shopping anyway on Amazon, so $60 worth of free crap is always good. (Not exactly free, but I'm done with the games anyway)

I'm snagging a Flame Red one, and I might be picking up Super Mario 3D land as well, but I'm not dead set on that.

Pics later on tonight :D

I'm actually jelly of you. But not because you have a 3DS and I don't, because I do. But because you got that feeling of "OMFG NEW CONSOLE!" I love the machine. First game I got was Legend of Zelda back in August at wal-mart before the official price drop, but it was a wal-mart sale. Now I need to get Mario. I love the Ambassador games, and Star Fox, but still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1