Hacking Get Mewtwo DLC via Gateway? (Smash Bros 3DS)

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it likely that I could use a Gateway to get Mewtwo? And if I did that, is it likely I'd get banned from playing online?

Thanks

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about this. I'm not sure if there's a code inside the game box that you have to register, but if it just requires you to register a serial number, then you could look on the internet (ebay or something) for a box shot, and register that serial number if it hasn't already been registered.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...if it just requires you to register a serial number

You need a code from the Wii U version as well as the 3DS version and both codes are hidden under some foil on a leaflet inside the box. Harsh or what? :/ I don't wanna buy the same game twice.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewtwo will be available as paid DLC if you don't have both versions. Maybe find a friend's copy or get your own if that does not work. Then again, Gateway can probably download the DLC with the most recent online emuNAND when M2 is available.

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it will be possible because you will have to download Mewtwo, and all someone has to do is get the file turn it into an .cia to be installed. though even if it's like how Fantasy Life's "DLC" was (already in the game but locked behind a pay-patch) I'm more than sure someone will make a .cia to unlock him. Though this is just my oppinion on it so don't take it as fact~ as I always say.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it likely that I could use a Gateway to get Mewtwo? And if I did that, is it likely I'd get banned from playing online?

Thanks

Yes, it's possible to install the MewTwo DLC since we can install DLC using devmenu. Now the part about getting banned is something we don't know yet since the MewTwo DLC is not out till Spring 2015 and so there aren't any dumps of it until then.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm probably going to buy Super Smash for the 3DS and sell it without the code if the DLC is overpriced, but I hope it won't be.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sakurai said that the DLC is free... However you need both the Wii U version and the 3DS version registered on Club Nintendo...
Right. Otherwise, it'll be available as paid DLC. That'd be complete bullshit if the only way was to buy a WiiU or a game for a system you don't own. Especially since Nintendo is making WiiU owners' lives hard as hell with the limited supply of Gamecube controller adapters.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Otherwise, it'll be available as paid DLC. That'd be complete bullshit if the only way was to buy a WiiU or a game for a system you don't own. Especially since Nintendo is making WiiU owners' lives hard as hell with the limited supply of Gamecube controller adapters.

My way around it is to see if a friend has an extra code.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My way around it is to see if a friend has an extra code.
Well, chances are that we'll be able to install it via .cia file, as has been stated in this thread. I'm willing to just buy it through the eShop if the price is reasonable, though. Likely Mewtwo is just a reskinned Lucario for the most part, so anything more than $10 would be ridiculous.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.