Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Chiejina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres the video proof they posted.

It looks like a completely different way from gateways emunand.

1) It works in 9.X
2) First thing i noticed is it loads in the normal 3ds mode.
3) You Click a button on the flashcart to cycle through games.
4) Saving works

From R4-3DS facebook (currently out of stock/$75)

FAQ ABOUT SKY 3DS

Q: I have a new 3ds with the firmware 9.1.0-20J version. your new flashcard can work on this version or not?

A: Yes, Sky3DS card can support the newest 3DS V9.1.0-20J version.

Q: Does the sky3ds support all of the 3DS games? can this flashcart work on NEW 3ds?

A: Yes, It can play all of 3DS games, and support the New 3DS console.

Q: Can this flashcart play 3ds game online ? ex : pokemon and doing a wonder trade or battle with people online.

A: Yes, Sky3DS card can play 3DS game online as a genuine gamepad did, can also save,load,edit etc....

Q: Does it require special thing to do first before using SKY3DS?

A: Don't need to do any special thing, just drag and drop the downloaded ROMs in MicroSD card by the Disktool we provided, and enjoy it.

Q: Does the sky3ds have emunand? Also will there be a region unlock? So I can play games on my EU 3DS from Japan or US?

A: No, don't need any emunand at all, it can support any 3DS system version even the newest V9.1.0-20J version. Because it's region locking like a real gamepad, you can't play US or JP's games on your EU 3DS console.

Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum for each flashcard"?

A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, you do need more SKY3DS cards if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

Q: Does saving work on games like Animal Crossing, Pokemon X and Y,also does this allow cheats and homebrew?

Yes,you can save, reload, edit on any 3DS games as a genuine gamepad did. Sorry, no cheats, no homebrew at the moment.

Q: I want to know when this card will be in sale and where to buy it?

A: We will release our SKY3DS card within 1~2 weeks, you can buy it from one of our resellers online.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If it works on OFW 9.X, of course it works in a completely different way.

i removed\edited my previous comment, i thought the guy used the settings exploit like you do with 4.x cards

it is just a card emulator for what is shown on the video...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i removed\edited my previous comment, i thought the guy used the settings exploit like you do with 4.x cards

it is just a card emulator for what is shown on the video...
That's what everyone said about the Gateway too, remember? Also, for many people that would be enough as long as it works on the latest firmware.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Until SSSPwn! Was there ever any possibility of HB on gateway? Also im wondering what's stopping eShop games from working.

eShop games are not properly signed (the ones people are using on GW right now).
GW supports HB.

Oh and AFAIK no region free.

Chiejina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And supposedly, this could work on the New 3DS. Damn, I feel bad since I just got my 3DS XL and my Gateway T.T

Hey! You can still use it to rip games haha.
Don't feel bad I have two gateways.
Was thinking ill buy a 4.5 3ds for my brother but just never bothered to buy one so i have a gateway just sitting here.
Heres to hoping we get discout if gateway updates something.

eShop games are not properly signed (the ones people are using on GW right now).
GW supports HB.

Oh and AFAIK no region free.

Ahh ok, I thought it meant meant no posibility of downloading eShop games on the console. I'll just buy them if I find it worth my money. The only eShop game that has been worth my money were full games I could play on cards anyway.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
120 dollar for a flash cart is way over the limit, gateway was allready too expensive.

EDIT: It said it works on version 9.0.0-20 . It could mean that there is a loophole in this version only.

Reactions: Margen67

Chiejina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever a new Flashcard thread appears, I always wonder: Where the hell are you looking that you come across this?

Hahahaha. On Reddit! The 3DS subreddit is pretty active and USAhotstuff.com posted the link to the video there. I just watched and copied the link.
Sky3ds' website looks spammy though. They'll need to clean it up i feel to bring in skeptics
Frankly, I looked at it and thought this isn't real.

Very interesting I hope it is real :(

http://www.sky3ds.com/images

lets just hope they're really bad at website design and using that as a placeholder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands