Hacking Get a Luma 3DS back to original?

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Everyone,

So I need to sell my New 3DS XL to original because I am gonna sell it, problem is, I thought by formatting the console and the SD card it would be enough, but now the console doesn't boot anymore, when I hit the power button the blue light flashes on and off and that is all.

Can someone tell me how to get it back to factory? Thanks !

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
you can't afaik. a9lh makes your 3ds boot the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD so you need to put that back, you can put it in the CTR-nand iirc then it will boot. I guess if you want you can look for the luma3ds ninja version kechleon something.

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so now that I made the error to format everything, is there a way to get back the CFW? When I did all the "Luma" steps there was a time where I was asked to make a backup of some files, but those were gone missing when one of my hard drives crashed. Is the 3DS dead?

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I thought that by formatting my console (on the Emunand) and the SD card, the CFW would have disappeared. I first formatted the 3DS, FBI was still on the launcher, and then I took out the SD card (I tried powering the the 3DS like that and it didn't work, but I think that is normal because the launch files were on the SD Card) and i formatted also the SD card. So now, I don't have anything left on my SD, and my 3DS doesn't boot...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you need to go back to the guide and download what you deleted. You'll need the latest release of Luma, Decrypt9 and aeskeys.bin. Then you're going to want to create a sysnand backup, then restore the same backup without using the "keep A9LH" option.

I would have said, just put the payload for SafeA9LHInstaller on there instead of all that, but I'm not 100% sure if it works or not without your A9LH folder present.

EDIT: Welp, that answers my question.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have a9lh re-installed. make a Nand backup, and then restore the same backup but chose option do not keep a9lh in Hourglass9.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
put the arm9loaderhax.bin into the nand, and then just delete the FBI and all other homebrew apps. whoever buys it will never even know.

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Download SafeA9LHInstaller and place the arm9loaderhax.bin in the SD. Boot it and remove A9LH. Profit.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Tried it doesn't work, I put on the SD the 3DS folder, the armloaderhax.bin and the SafeA9LHInstaller.dat files, but nothing happens, the 3DS LED flashes blue and nothing happens

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nothing. LED keeps blinking and no life sign from the SD card.

Wait, I formatted it using Windows basic format tool. Wasn't there something about having to format the SD card with a soft, for it to be recognized by the console?

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, I formatted it using Windows basic format tool. Wasn't there something about having to format the SD card with a soft, for it to be recognized by the console?
what size card are you using? needs to be fat32.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

has to be FAT32 64k.. cards higher than 32GB needs a software to format it properly..

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah the problem probably comes from there. It is a 64 gb samsung SD card and I just used the basic format tools, back at it and i'll keep you informed

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
For it to boot you need an arm9loaderhax.bin as mentioned above; take one from whatever you want to boot

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do i proceed? Will it make the 3ds back to factory?

Attachments

• IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 254

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended