Hardware General purpose laptop. Have I made a good choice?

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I've had my eye on a laptop for a while and finally I have the money to grab it. I'd just like some extra opinions on it before I buy. Is it a good choice for general/everyday use(gaming, college stuff, recreational)? I'd like to be able to run most modern games on it, i.e. DayZ, Skyrim (w/ mods of course), Dark Souls, etc. and still be able to do school work and everything else.

If you have any other recommendations be sure to let me know. I'm on a budget of ~$1,200 and it has to be a laptop. If you need any other information just ask. Thanks.

Link to the laptop.

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 8 - major turnoff.

Aside from that, it should run your games well. It's got great specifications for everything else, too.

I think I'll be alright with it. I used a friend's lappy with Win8 for a couple hours one day and thought it was decent enough. If I don't like it though, the university I go to offers Win7 for cheap so I'll just format and downgrade.

Of course, I'm still open to other opinions. :)

Reactions: calmwaters

TheJeweler

Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most modern games should be able to run off of it, I have a Lenovo V570 and it runs all modern games just fine with a bit of tweaking. You should be fine with your everyday stuff as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.