Hacking Gecko OS missing 'Launch Channel' option?

SSJ2 Dark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to launch VC games with Gecko OS so I can apply codes, but I don't have the Launch Channel option available. Do I need a specific IOS to do it? I am running Wii 4.3, and have tried switching the IOS in MultiModManager before launching Gecko OS directly from MMM, no luck yet.

I'm kinda a newb at this, so thanks for any help!

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try using WiiLauncher.

And let me know if you find problems.

I have the same problem as OP. When I use WiiLauncher, which supposedly patches IOS36 on boot, any time I try to launch a channel it takes me back to the Homebrew Channel. Whether I have SD codes for the channel or not.

Edit: Nevermind, Simple IOS Patcher fixed this.

SSJ2 Dark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it was IOS36. Tried a few ways to patch it (one involved downgrading IOS15 which kept giving me ticket errors), then tried SIP and it worked great! My Gecko OS can launch channels now. Thanks conanac and strai!

Reactions: Anonymous42456

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, it was IOS36. Tried a few ways to patch it (one involved downgrading IOS15 which kept giving me ticket errors), then tried SIP and it worked great! My Gecko OS can launch channels now. Thanks conanac and strai!
Hello, I would like to ask how exactly ios36 simple ios patcher was patched? and did you fire up vc or wiiware games with cheats and it worked? I'm going to install the Os gecko I have a large database of VC games and I would like to play with the codes in advance thank you for explaining the use in simple ios patcher so as not to break anything.

Ps. Won't the latest release of the Os gecko without patching ios36 show you the ability to use channels?

Last edited by Deleted member 547976,

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tried it myself and made the appropriate files, copied to the sd card to the apps folder, first patched ios36 - it went perfect and Gecko os displayed the launch channel !!! After clicking, my files were displayed and after selecting the vc game, the game started !! Now, the matter of codes, I know that they must be in the correct folder and format, right? And if there are different codes in a given vc game and I want to run the game with e.g. 2/3 codes, how to set it in os gecko?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...