Homebrew Gecko 1.9.3 cheats don't work? (Wii Play)

implosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've gone through several tutorials on what to do to make the cheat codes for Gecko OS to work properly on my Wii. The game I'm trying to get the codes to work on is Wii Play, and after a couple hours fooling with the SD card and Wii, I'll just say I'm stuck. The codes don't work for some reason, and I don't know how.

I make the .txt document and use CheatManager. I then activate what codes I want. I press 1 to save the codes to a .gct file. According to all the tutorials, I simply open Gecko and run the game. According to what's happened, that doesn't work. I'm not sure what it is, but should I reinstall, or am I doing something wrong?

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
The GCT file MUST be named the Games ID number.

For Example New Super Mario Bros. Wii (PAL) must be called SMNP01.gct. I use to all my txt file the same name but I found that if you saved the first time Code manager was fine but a second time would save the output file as a different name.

Anyway thsi si what I do and it works prefectly:

Create a Text file and call it teh name of the game "New Super Mario Bro Wii.txt". I then place the Game ID and Title as teh first two line. I do not know if you need the title but definitely the game id. I then put in my cheats.

I use Code manager, select the cheat file I wish to create, select the cheats and then press 1 to save. Thsi causes teh GCT file to be teh GAME ID which is what Gecko looks for. This means if you want to take some cheats out or add them in next time when you save it saves over the existing gct file.

So, my New Super Mario Bro Wii.txt looks like this: (I have only placed two cheats in as an example)

SMNP01
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Change Quick Save to Regular Save Option
0492FD00 38000002

Always Have 98 Lives (Mario) - Keeps Hat
04355190 00000062

My Crash Of The Titans.txt file looks like this: (I have only placed two cheats in as an example)

RQJP7D
Crash Of The Titans

Infinite Lives
04F84C60 00000063

Max Blue Coin
040027FC 3B9AC9FF
04F84B70 3B9AC9FF
04F84B90 3B9AC9FF

Infinite Health
48000000 80CCADA4
DE000000 80008180
14000000 42B40000
E0000000 80008000

You can either get the ID from Gecko as it displays it before the game starts OR from http://www.geckocodes.org/ (Also get cheats from there too)

Also ensure Cheats are enabled in the config of Gecko.

I hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts