Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Flowing bits via circuits has its own costs- It is true frequencies have a take on power draw, since generating oscilation ("clock generation") has its costs, but that's not the only player in the field, different instructions executed needs more power to be flown through the circuitry in order to power the many different capacitators present in logic gates.
Well then the device shouldn't run any video files since that'd be more of a power draw than just audio, etc.

BTW, videos played that aren't the exact resolution will be scaled, right? :P

Better take the scaling functions out of the video players to save on battery life!

Johnny on Flame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well then the device shouldn't run any video files since that'd be more of a power draw than just audio, etc.

BTW, videos played that aren't the exact resolution will be scaled, right? :P

Better take the scaling functions out of the video players to save on battery life!

I don't think you need video playback with resolutions bigger than 320x240 when you're on the go [with the gcw]. Pre-encoding does wonders! However if the user wants to do playback of higher resolution media then he'll have to deal with resource-intensive stuff.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need video playback with resolutions bigger than 320x240 when you're on the go [with the gcw]. Pre-encoding does wonders! However if the user wants to do playback of higher resolution media then he'll have to deal with resource-intensive stuff.
Didn't specify higher, lower will do it as well and need scaling.

Or, presumably, any resolution that's not 320 horizontal and/or 240 vertical...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person