Hacking Gcw and vita

Basic84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gcw is really meant for people who dont have a portable handheld device, but it could be one of those things that if it does sell poorly, they mostly do the same thing that 360/ps3 are doing, sell arcade games of there own making.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The GCW is meant for collectors and those who fight The Man by refraining from buying "big corporation products" and opt for alternatives instead. It's not something aimed at the whole market because most people will never even find out about it. ;)

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is this topic saying that if hackers try hard enough, they can get a Dreamcast emulator on the Vita?
I kinda underestimated the Vita.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait, is this topic saying that if hackers try hard enough, they can get a Dreamcast emulator on the Vita?
I kinda underestimated the Vita.
Not only they can "get it on", they can easily reach full speed considering the fact that the unreleased nullDC tech demo for the PSP worked at aprox. 15FPS and the PSVita is several times more powerful than its predecessor.

Basic84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah vita can run a dc emulator at full speed, but i'm wondering about lager dc games, like powerstons. Vita might only run those at 40fps.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah vita can run a dc emulator at full speed, but i'm wondering about lager dc games, like powerstons. Vita might only run those at 40fps.
I don't see why to be honest, it's entirely capable of full speed in all games since the GPU's are cross-compatible as far as I know. The Dreamcast used a PowerVR2 CLX2 which is in the same family of chips as the PSVita's PowerVR SGX543MP4+.

The emulator would have to take advantage of that and focus on emulating the CPU and that shouldn't be a problem considering the PSVita's horsepower.

Basic84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I see, I was thinking about daedlus how it has some of the freatures of the psp, but when you play large roms in deadlus the psp crash, so I was thinking the vita might do the same thing if it tries to play large dc games, also do you think rhe vita can play all mame games

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now I see, I was thinking about daedlus how it has some of the freatures of the psp, but when you play large roms in deadlus the psp crash, so I was thinking the vita might do the same thing if it tries to play large dc games, also do you think rhe vita can play all mame games
MAME is a vague term as it encompasses a lot of very different arcade machines. I don't think it will support all of them.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off-topic a bit but where can I go for GCW-ZERO emulation download / news since the official site won't be talking about them even though it's supported right out of the box. i bought one mainly to test these emulation things out because i never owned past-similar devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM