GCN GCN with Broadband Adapter with mario kart DD online

Eurasiam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone still have all these? I pulled out my gamecube with everything to test out a connection to the dolphin emulator and it works. Though i need to do more testing and stuff so if anyone has a gamecube with the BBA and DD, care to help me out? I remember over 12 years ago i used to play online with xlink kai, and now since emulators have came a long way, i wanna get it going again

Reactions: KiiWii

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Does anyone still have all these? I pulled out my gamecube with everything to test out a connection to the dolphin emulator and it works. Though i need to do more testing and stuff so if anyone has a gamecube with the BBA and DD, care to help me out? I remember over 12 years ago i used to play online with xlink kai, and now since emulators have came a long way, i wanna get it going again
MKDD had Online? Servers are still up?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Yup i do, I used to LAN play over the internet with Warp Pipe around 12 years ago. It was just about usable with the 15kb upload I had back then. I'd imagine it's works perfectly today given broadband connections have improved a lot.

MKDD had Online? Servers are still up?

Nope it was LAN play only, however people used to install an app on their PC such as Warp Pipe with would essentially create a virtual LAN of GameCube's over the internet.

Eurasiam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup i do, I used to LAN play over the internet with Warp Pipe around 12 years ago. It was just about usable with the 15kb upload I had back then. I'd imagine it's works perfectly today given broadband connections have improved a lot.

Nope it was LAN play only, however people used to install an app on their PC such as Warp Pipe with would essentially create a virtual LAN of GameCube's over the internet.

Yup you got it. I used to play Warp Pipe back when it was in .2, 0.3.5 and 4.0. Xlink Kai is still around, and i managed to get dolphin connected to my real gamecube. Now i just wanna see if i someone else can connect to me. though I see your location in the UK? You still have the stuff then?

Last edited by Eurasiam,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Sadly you can't system link different regional copies of the game otherwise i'd offer to try.

Yup I still have all my stuff, GameCube, BBA, Game Boy Player, 4x controllers and a USB memory card you could backup / restore saves to with a PC. The Cube is actually still sat under as it happens, although it's not as easy getting 4 people together to play some Double Dash compared to when I was a teenager, although I still manage a couple of games with mates from time to time.

Last edited by InsaneNutter,

Eurasiam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly you can't system link different regional copies of the game otherwise i'd offer to try.

Yup I still have all my stuff, GameCube, BBA, Game Boy Player, 4x controllers and a USB memory card you could backup / restore saves to with a PC. The Cube is actually still sat under as it happens, although it's not as easy getting 4 people together to play some Double Dash compared to when I was a teenager, although I still manage a couple of games with mates from time to time.

Oh right, region lock. That sucks. Oh well ill keep looking. Thanks though. I really wanna get Dolphin working with online gamecube play, as that'd be much easier. Hopefully i get response from the dolphin forums

samuka

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to have a GC with BBA and MK:DD... looked for people to play online for ages... I recently sold it online. I used to have tons of games, cool and rare acessories including the component cable... It seems it is now too late for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.