Homebrew .GCI to .SAV converter WITHOUT DOLPHIN?

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running 32-bit Windows 10 on a semi slow laptop, and Dolphin refuses to install no matter which version I choose. So far I've tried them all, but nothing works.

Goal: I want to convert a .gci file to a .sav file then drag and drop it into my HDD so I can play my personal backup Gamecube games on Nintendont using my modded 4.3u Wii.

I've tried a few alternate programs, but guess what? NO instructions.. they just assume you know how to navigate their applications... :hateit: lol So if you happen to know any great apps that I can use to quickly and easily convert the save files with please comment them below, and if they don't have instructions, please atleast brief me on what to do.

Thanks in advance!! :yaywii:

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I only tried installing the ones on dolphins website. Its goes from version 5.0 to version 3.0 if I'm correct, and none work.
Get the latest development version
dZEjkAY.png

Once it's done downloading, unzip it and then run Dolphin.exe
atLkLPq.png
Let me know what happens.

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the latest development version
dZEjkAY.png

Once it's done downloading, unzip it and then run Dolphin.exe
atLkLPq.png
Let me know what happens.

Thanks! Will report back in a few hours! Heading to sleep now, just saw your comment after I shut down my PC. :(

What makes the development version so different or better then the original btw?

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I tried ALOT of the development versions.. even the first one ever released and nothing. Please tell me of alternative applications if you know any. Thanks!
Just FYI usually the non developmental versions are quite outdated as they're only added to stable after big milestones (The latest stable is already almost a year old and there are constant improvements to Dolphin). I don't know of any alternative applications I can't help you there, but I'm still up for helping you setup dolphin if you could give more information on it "not working".

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI usually the non developmental versions are quite outdated as they're only added to stable after big milestones (The latest stable is already almost a year old and there are constant improvements to Dolphin). I don't know of any alternative applications I can't help you there, but I'm still up for helping you setup dolphin if you could give more information on it "not working".

Hey man I really appreciate it! Yea, if i could get Dolphin running soon that would be great.

Ok so when I click on Dolphin I get an error message from Windows 10 that says "This app can't run on your PC" then in smaller letters under it, it says "To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." and that's it..

Last edited by DeadlyRevengexX,

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the app on your Wii like any other . Place your memory card into the Wii and use Gcmm to extract them to USB or sd card. I don't know what your trying to do. For help. Some saves I just download of the web and used Gcmm to put them on my memory card because a save was corrupted from a 3rd party card. Your issue with dolphin you need to post on the official dolphin forums for better help.

sypherce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ds2key.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States
Im running 32-bit Windows 10 on a semi slow laptop, and Dolphin refuses to install no matter which version I choose. So far I've tried them all, but nothing works.

Dolphin no longer operates on 32-bit operating systems. You could try downloading the x86 build of 4.02. That's the last official release that could even load on your laptop.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey man I really appreciate it! Yea, if i could get Dolphin running soon that would be great.

Ok so when I click on Dolphin I get an error message from Windows 10 that says "This app can't run on your PC" then in smaller letters under it, it says "To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." and that's it..

Dolphin no longer operates on 32-bit operating systems. You could try downloading the x86 build of 4.02. That's the last official release that could even load on your laptop.
To expand on what sypherce said, here's an article on why 32-bit support was deprecated.
Your pc (unless really ancient) likely supports 64 bit OS. If you could upgrade to 64 bit that'd be a win-win for everyone involved, especially since 64bit is faster than 32bit in many cases (and has less restrictions).
As for the last 32 bit Dolphin build, I'm not sure where you would find it. You could probably try 4.02 (x86) like sypherce said though.

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a 32 bit app on PC or Android that can convert .GCI to .SAV... It HAS to exist.. Dolphin can't be the end all in a simple conversion! :angry: I have a GCI file on my pc, and all I need is a converter.. on my 32 bit pc.. SOMETHING has to exist!

Any suggestions other than upgrading??

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need a 32 bit app on PC or Android that can convert .GCI to .SAV... It HAS to exist.. Dolphin can't be the end all in a simple conversion! :angry: I have a GCI file on my pc, and all I need is a converter.. on my 32 bit pc.. SOMETHING has to exist!

Any suggestions other than upgrading??
As they said, try using Dolphin's last 32-bit build

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he has one of those newer Wiis with no native GC playback, and thus no memory card slots
I guess but he isn't using a memory card to begin with, he using nintendon't so it probably still possible? Only reason why you would need a memory card is to import/export save data to sd. Not manage content already on SD.

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are confused. :mellow: I have the newer black Wii. Meaning NO Mem card slot. I downloaded gcm game saves that I want to then place into my external HDD to then play my Gamecube backup games. I have already done it at a friends house who lives far away using Dolphin, but now I dont have access to Dolphin.. hence me trying to work with what I got. Also I have tried MANY old versions of Dolphin ready and nothing works.. even the 32 bit ones...

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are confused. :mellow: I have the newer black Wii. Meaning NO Mem card slot. I downloaded gcm game saves that I want to then place into my external HDD to then play my Gamecube backup games. I have already done it at a friends house who lives far away using Dolphin, but now I dont have access to Dolphin.. hence me trying to work with what I got. Also I have tried MANY old versions of Dolphin ready and nothing works.. even the 32 bit ones...
If you have a local library that lets you use computers for not just looking up books, you can probably just download the latest dolphin development build there and use it. Just be sure to zip up your saves and email them to youself since it's likely you can't use a flash drive or anything to get the saves there.

Reactions: DeadlyRevengexX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse