GC games in CFG USB Loader, and seperating multigame GC isos

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Midnight Tboy, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all.

I never realised til now that you could launch GC games from USB loaders. My wii still has a chip installed which could play GC game backups on it via disc, but it is softmodded too (recently updated in past couple of months).

I prefer to use Configurable USB Loader for my games, and my Wii games load from USB hdd.

Can anyone please point me to what is the current uptodate method/guide on how to get my wii working with them from usb (if its possible now, or SD if not), as what i've found so far from quick searching is around 7month old info so far, so suspect some stuff may have changed since.

Secondly.......my backups I tended to use some multi game manager (can't remember which - but the interface was ugly and my wii doesnt even show the game name now so have to guess/remember the button presses blindly to figure which game I'm selecting). Is it possible to use these discs to copy back and seperate the 4 or so games that were on the disc to go back to usb/sd?

Cheers

Lacius Hyperlogical

Message Count:
    United States
    You can load GameCube backups in Configurable USB Loader (latest mod) if you have DIOS MIOS installed. You can find all the information you need here.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's possible to pull individual GameCube games from your multiISO disc backups and put them onto your USB drive. Use MultiGameISOCreator to extract them.
    Last edited by Lacius, Feb 4, 2013
    triassic911 likes this.
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Yeah, stay under the desk, sugar-tits...

Message Count:
    Poland
    When it comes to Gamecube games, I screw all the loaders and just use DIOS MIOS Booter - it's simple but it does the job right and without any hiccups.

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom

Great to know that I can seperate them and make things tidier again - hate having to use discs when can avoid it - will save loads of time.

Thanks for the guide too - I'll have a good look through it after work tomorrow evening as its v late now. Is it upto date - looks like it may be as theres been some stuff edited on there I think, but it says posted Jan 2012, but theres no 'edited' dates on there?

Lacius Hyperlogical

Message Count:
    United States
    The guide is essentially up-to-date. Just remember that for USB loading, you're using DIOS MIOS. DML is only for loading GameCube backups off your SD card.

triassic911 Burst Mode

Message Count:
    United States
    Came by the thread just to say thanks for the answers, Lacius. I was going to ask the same questions as OP.

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    thanks - appreciate the advise :) Something else to tinker with later :)

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I can't seem to get this to work - I've used Mios Dios 2.6, installed with Wad Manager 1.7.

The games show up in CFG USB Loader fine, amongst regular Wii games. When I attempt to load I get the Mios Dios logo, then the screen goes black.....and nothing....until I reset it :(

I've tried using the mios dios loader too which does the same thing.

My Wii was only fairly recently updated to latest ios's etc following this guide (hope its ok to give other site links on here) http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96886-guide-softmod-any-wii.html

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    hmmmm.....

so I tried MDL instead of MD, and I still received a black screen on Luigis Mansion.....Then I changed it to run at NTSC 480i and it worked (I'm on component cables).

I then reinstalled MD2.6 again, and loading the same file (from SD again) gives me "fatal error: apploader size is zero!" with the same options set.

confused!!

Lacius Hyperlogical

Message Count:
    United States
    DM is for USB only. DML is for SD only. As for your original problem with DM, are you sure you've met all of the requirements? The most common thing people forget to read is that DM requires FAT32.

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    sorted.....used Acronis to change external hdd cluster size to 32k from 64 and now working fine within cfg usb loader :D

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    heh - posted at same time - yup it was all Fat32 - as it was used for Wii games, but they never had the issue with the cluster size........Bit of a red herring with the fatal error message as I thought the DM would've worked on both SD and USB.
    • Newcomer

MrUnoriginal New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Is there some sort of launcher that works with Wii and Gamecube backup files? I'm using WiiLoader now which I love and MMM for WiiWare stuff. I will install something else if I need to but is there some sort of true Swiss Army Knife program for everything?

Lacius Hyperlogical

Message Count:
    United States
    I use Configurable USB Loader (mod) for both Wii and GameCube backups.

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    normal Configurable USB Loader works too (or least I'm pretty sure I'm on the standard one). Not tried to import game covers on it yet but can't see that being a problem - the 2 games tried definately load fine now (Monsters Inc and Luigis Mansion)

Lacius Hyperlogical

Message Count:
    United States
    Normal CFG Loader stopped development long before DIOS MIOS was released, so it does not support GameCube backups from a USB drive. DM support wasn't added until CFG Loader Mod r35.

Midnight Tboy New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    aah scratch that then...I must be on the mod one as only just updated the fella :)
    • Newcomer

MrUnoriginal New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Do I need dios mios to work in conjunction with Configurale USB Loader mod?

Lacius Hyperlogical

Message Count:
    United States
    In order to play GameCube backups from a USB drive, you need to have DIOS MIOS installed.
    • Newcomer

lwiz New Member

Message Count:
    Finland
    Or Devolution, if you can verify the disks on the first run

SPONSORED LINKS