Hacking gbs ez flsh iv HELLLPPPP!!!!

Georgeghb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so i just replaced my gba sp motherboard and went to tens a game, i put in the ez flash and it booted up as if it had nothing in it. but that reminded me, about 6 moths ago i got so bored i wated to put a led on to the cart, but i failed. and the ground pin of the cart fell off and i had to solder it back on. back the i was horrible a soldering, so i did a rubbish job. then a few weeks later i sadly fried the board): but now i have replaced it all is well. but i cant play any games(sidenote: i can play on tetris and gameboy camera so it is not the board but the cartrage)PLEASE HELP!!!!!
pictures::

cart cover::

cart::

Damaged pin::

back of cart::

pin with solder on the back::

Last edited by Georgeghb,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not quite following.

You have an EZ4 you broke the ground pin on (I am guessing a lifted pad), however you think you have resoldered it but it is still not working? Do you have continuity between the ground pin and the microSD case? The pin on the microSD version appears to go into a massive ground plane so you have some options if you need to scrape something back.

Otherwise I have to say the SP slot if a bit touchy at times. Perhaps the folded paper trick between the case and the pins to force a tiny bit better connection.

Georgeghb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much!! it worked:yaysp::bow::bow: (i didnt reply because i got distracted while playing mother 3)

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not quite following.

You have an EZ4 you broke the ground pin on (I am guessing a lifted pad), however you think you have resoldered it but it is still not working? Do you have continuity between the ground pin and the microSD case? The pin on the microSD version appears to go into a massive ground plane so you have some options if you need to scrape something back.

Otherwise I have to say the SP slot if a bit touchy at times. Perhaps the folded paper trick between the case and the pins to force a tiny bit better connection.
does the folded paper trick help fix the sp freezing? where do i put the paper and how do I do it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is worth trying for anything (GBA, SP, Micro, GB Player, DS, DS lite) that has a GBA slot if you experience freezing during game or during loading of it.

You can figure out where the paper goes if you think it through. You want better contact with the pins so you want something to force the PCB towards the pins. Look in the slot and it is only one sided (unlike something like the N64) so it makes sense to put the paper which has been folded a few times between the PCB and the case, that way it stays when you pull it out and you do not have to mess around gluing things to the bottom. For the average bit of printer paper I find most people have to hand then 4 layers (two folds) is a good start but even a single fold has been seen to help at times.
You should be able to slide it in without pulling apart the case, however if you have to loosen the screw then so be it.

lava123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is worth trying for anything (GBA, SP, Micro, GB Player, DS, DS lite) that has a GBA slot if you experience freezing during game or during loading of it.

You can figure out where the paper goes if you think it through. You want better contact with the pins so you want something to force the PCB towards the pins. Look in the slot and it is only one sided (unlike something like the N64) so it makes sense to put the paper which has been folded a few times between the PCB and the case, that way it stays when you pull it out and you do not have to mess around gluing things to the bottom. For the average bit of printer paper I find most people have to hand then 4 layers (two folds) is a good start but even a single fold has been seen to help at times.
You should be able to slide it in without pulling apart the case, however if you have to loosen the screw then so be it.
when i try to get the cart in the paper slides up above the conact points And i dont know how big of a piece of paper to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night