Hacking GBC VC Generator

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I made a huge post here about it but basically I declared Bankrupt and since have been cleared from that.
Married with wife and kid now.

Thanks for the info, glad you're doing well after that horrible misfortune. You're a fine example for the whole community, and your actions will benefit others for years to come!

So, thanks a lot! :yay:

---And yeah, sorry. Off-topic-ish.

Reactions: Rusb

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i change the name of the roms? i have got 3 hames working (dragon warrior monsters/DWM2 cobi's adventure, and lemmings) but they all show up as pokemon crystal on the rom selection menu.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i change the name of the roms? i have got 3 hames working (dragon warrior monsters/DWM2 cobi's adventure, and lemmings) but they all show up as pokemon crystal on the rom selection menu.

You need to create a custom banner. Go search on how to do this.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an updated version that supports building CIAs. It includes built in prompting to change the product code and unique id and will open the tempfold folder to edit icon.bin with EveryFileExplorer (when it supports saving). It also auto converts iNES ROMs (preconverted TNES ROMs aren't supported by default).

Attachments

• vcpkg.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,000

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made an updated version that supports building CIAs. It includes built in prompting to change the product code and unique id and will open the tempfold folder to edit icon.bin with EveryFileExplorer (when it supports saving). It also auto converts iNES ROMs (preconverted TNES ROMs aren't supported by default).
That's a lot of work you've done in that batch file. Did you know, that for example putting this line in a RSF file:
Code:
Key: $(VALUE)
and add this to the makerom command:
Code:
-DVALUE="SomeValue"

Makerom will read that line as:
Code:
Key: SomeValue

Code:
Test1: CTR-$(A)-$(CODE)
Test2:
  - Item1
  - Item$(B)
  - $(C)
  - Item4

makerom [...] -DA=P -DCODE=CTAP -DB=2 -DC=Item3

Is read as:
Test1: CTR-P-CTAP
Test2:
  - Item1
  - Item2
  - Item3
  - Item4

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

Reactions: Vappy

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lot of work you've done in that batch file. Did you know, that for example putting this line in a RSF file:
Code:
Key: $(VALUE)
and add this to the makerom command:
Code:
-DVALUE="SomeValue"

Makerom will read that line as:
Code:
Key: SomeValue

Code:
Test1: CTR-$(A)-$(CODE)
Test2:
  - Item1
  - Item$(B)
  - $(C)
  - Item4

makerom [...] -DA=P -DCODE=CTAP -DB=2 -DC=Item3

Is read as:
Test1: CTR-P-CTAP
Test2:
  - Item1
  - Item2
  - Item3
  - Item4

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

Nice work. Do you know how to set up a prompt for input in cmd and then store the value in a variable?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Really great work, man... was using the last version, and this is evolving quickly. Maybe a GUI?

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. My batch script now prompts for uniqueid title etc and is able to build properly.

Still have got a few more questions
  1. what is the script to drag and drop a .gbc onto a batch script to copy and replace vc_rom.bin?
  2. is there a script so that I can modify a value in config.ini (i.e toggling fullscreen mode)

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3 gives everybody's favorite error, Drill Dozer loads but gives me a white screen and the GBC aspect ratio, and WarioWare Inc/Super Mario Advance 1 both produce the black screen of death.

Have you tried it with being able to build .CIA now? I'd assume they'd allow you more access to the 3DS' resources, or something like that.

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

How do you use your version to create .cia files I cant seem to work it no instructions. I think it errors on the product code if you have to use the createcia file for .cia, it says error 4 product code?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use your version to create .cia files I cant seem to work it no instructions. I think it errors on the product code if you have to use the createcia file for .cia, it says error 4 product code?

You need one of BBB's Pokemon virtual console .3ds Roms. Drag it onto prepare, then drag whatever NES/GBC ROM you want onto createcia

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You need one of BBB's Pokemon virtual console .3ds Roms. Drag it onto prepare, then drag whatever NES/GBC ROM you want onto createcia

Thanks. I see, its only for VC games like GB etc. not for full .3ds titles. Still very handy to put your VC titles to the home screen, good work :)

Kandern97

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I tried to make a GBA rom work, using Advance Wars. I used the Rusb version, BBB pokemon crystal, GBA rom from coolrom.com, I have the vc_rom.bin still in there and I renamed the Advanced Wars rom to AdvanceW.gba, I made the .3ds rom and now it's hanging on the nintendo 3ds load screen, with the red squares pulsing. What am I doing wrong? BTW Advance Wars is 4 Megs.

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tried to make a GBA rom work, using Advance Wars. I used the Rusb version, BBB pokemon crystal, GBA rom from coolrom.com, I have the vc_rom.bin still in there and I renamed the Advanced Wars rom to AdvanceW.gba, I made the .3ds rom and now it's hanging on the nintendo 3ds load screen, with the red squares pulsing. What am I doing wrong? BTW Advance Wars is 4 Megs.

GBA roms above 4mb will most likely won't work. GBA roms <= 4mb doesn't mean it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.