GBAtemp Exclusive GBAtempTV Twitch: OFFLINE - Streaming Sonic 1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Got to watch most of the Sonic 2 portion, pretty good stream! Looking forward to more of these! :)

Chary likes this.

2. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    This was a ton of fun to be a part of; I hope I can join you guys again!

Chary likes this.
  3. Sathya

Sathya never thinking to be smart!

Nov 9, 2016
    Indonesia
    NURANI'S HOME
    sonic for me is an boring old game but for people opinion or sonic maniac never bored with it. same like me never boring with mkwii:lol:

4. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    It would be nice if I had watched until the end... if it wasn't so late >->

5. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Average game, awful steam.

6. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    No one was forcing you to watch it, and others there enjoyed it.

7. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Oh, so we're not allowed to post opinions anymore unless they reflect what the staff wants?

You've seen it folks. You dare to write an opinion that they don't like and they will try to shame you over it. Disgusting people.

Scarlet likes this.
  8. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Dude, I never said you weren't allowed to state your opinion. Otherwise the post would have been removed. We're all FOR different opinions here.
    I replied to your comment with my own opinion, and also said that you don't have to watch it if you don't like it. Nothing more, nothing less. It has nothing to do with shaming (unless you feel ashamed for disliking something that others enjoyed?).

Frankly, I'm tired of you constantly saying the staff here are disgusting people. That's not very constructive in my opinion.

By the way, how about you say what was bad with the stream instead, give some constructive criticism to make future streams better?

Subtle Demise, Scarlet and Chary like this.
  9. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Uncalled for -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  10. Vipera
    This message by Vipera has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  11. matpower
    This message by matpower has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  12. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  13. Vipera
    This message by Vipera has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  14. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Were you actually there? You weren't in the chat. And didn't post commentary until well after it ended. Just curious.

I'm all for constructive criticism. I'm still new to streaming. It's obviously not gonna be Vinesauce quality, but hey, I'm trying. What exactly bothered you with it? If you're going to just come in to be negative, that really helps no one. And you honestly seem to have a penchant for just hating anything this site does, for little to no reason.

-snip- The people who were live watching the stream liked it, and that was great! I'm really happy it went over well to the people who joined in. I'd just like to know if you have anything other than snark to offer. Or if you're just being unwarrantedly rude.

-snip-

Last edited by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017 - Reason: Removed potential flamey bits -rp
  15. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Nope, that wasn't a constructive opinion, that was a suggestion. And without any more to go on than "This is awful", I can't really give you a better suggestion than "don't watch it".
    How about we make this into a food analogy?
    "This meal is awful!" - "Ok, you don't have to eat it if you don't like it."
    There's nothing wrong there, right?
    "This meal isn't spicy enough!" - "Ok, how about adding some salt and pepper? Maybe that makes it better?"

bowser likes this.
  16. Vipera
    Aug 12, 2017
  17. Chary
    This message by Chary has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  18. Issac
    This message by Issac has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  19. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Gotta love how that post would've been removed and he would've gotten a warning if he weren't a patreon. Since he's filling your pockets you will just be "oh that was a little over the line". While doing nothing to the other post he made. Nice.

I'm glad everyone can see what's going on at least.

20. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Well, the Patreon is paying for hosting and community giveaways AFAIK, I don't see the staff getting a single cent out of it. Even the benefits are kinda crappy, you get an ad free experience(you can get it for free) and beta test features likes themes (which you can also get for free with some time in CSS), arguably the only special thing is the giveaways, but even so they are paying for it. Getting your panties in a bunch due to that's overkill.

I feel like the staff is doing their best with the forum, and that's quite hard due to its size and different time zones and you're mostly complaining without helping or giving good criticism, while I can't agree with "Don't like, don't watch", Issac has a point when he said that your criticism was lacking, how can they improve if you just complain without giving suggestions back?

Last edited by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017
  21. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 12, 2017, Reason: Yes, yes, we got the message -rp.
    Aug 12, 2017
  22. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    I can guarantee you the Patrons don't get special treatment. We literally banned one a few days ago.

Why don't you try becoming a Patron and keep this act up and I'll prove it to you?

23. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    @Hells Malice has written some nasty posts about me. Just one got half edited with a generic "hey you went a little over the line" message. If it were a regular user, you would've deleted both messages and gave him a warning. Since he's a patreon, you even liked his post. It's all there for the public to see.

24. Scarlet

Scarlet Scarlet Sword

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Sad to have missed the stream, I love to see the channel active. I hope I can contribute to it regularly once I have my schedule sorted out!

Chary and matpower like this.
  25. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I definitely wanna stream more! And have GBAtemp users join in too!

26. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    But yes, that you throw a temper tantrum time and time again about how useless us staff are, that patrons are sacred, and how everything with this site is awful surely looks like it's all for attention.
    The rest of his post was a bit over the line. A bit. It wasn't that bad to be honest, but still bickering, so I decided to snip that part. Notice how I haven't removed or edited any of your bickering comments either.

Veho and Subtle Demise like this.
  27. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I haven't insulted anybody. He did.

28. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    To start off, you called me disgusting.

Memoir and raulpica like this.
  29. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    This is a great post and is basically what is happening.

@Vipera we don't make a profit at all. The first giveaway's prizes value exceeded the amount we received from the first month's Patreon. We also have some big things coming up but obviously they take careful planning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.