Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
package.png
GBAtemp Tempmas Mini-Competition #14
Free Themed Video Contest!

Yesterday's Competition Winner: tinymonkeyt! Congratulations tinymonkeyt! Your vision of a game based on GBAtemp is so spot on, it all sounds a little eery! Just kidding, but it does sound like a lot of fun to play. Congrats! You'll be contacted for your prize collection shortly.

Game Name: GBAtemp-er tantrum
Genre: Anger Management/Minigames

Gameplay: This game consists of many minigames, each one representin the many things us everyday Tempers get frustrated at:

1. Noobs. like Punch Out. Play against the weaksauce noob, aggravated noob, flaming noob, stupid noob, nice noob, etc. Features 25 new kinds of noobs! use the touch screen to signify movement (uppercuts, lowblows, crotch shots, nipple twister, etc)
2. Search Engine (we hate people who dont use it).
Part 1. Its like 'Where's Waldo?' Makes you search for a certain topic among many many others
Part 2. Memory game. you are given a certain amount of masked topics (the higher level, the more). you can only open two topics at a time to match similar topics asking the same thing
3. Flamers. you are like a firefighter. you run around a map looking for 'flamers.' there are civilians walking around too. the flamers set things on fire (regular day items like trees, bushes, benches, houses) and you have to put things out. and you have to eliminate the flamers by whacking them with a ban hammer. watch out for the civilians that are fired up by the flamers. just give them a slight squirt :]
4. Advertisements. quick reflex testing game. it is a normal GBAtemp forum thread and POOF. advertisements will pop up all over the place and you have to click and close them to survive. but beware, sometimes prizes/contests will pop up and you get extra lives if they arent 'deleted.'
5. IPS Error. imagine that the forums were like a store. a walmart. on black friday. you are one in many many people trying to squeeze into the store. you start out on level 1, which has around 10 people. your purpose is to get into the store within the time limit, without getting blocked by all the other people. as you increase levels, the amount of people multiply greatly. (this represents us tempers trying to access the site but are blocked by the many other people trying to see new releases)
6. ROM sites (not hated, but not allowed). it is like a business management game. you are a pretend ROM site manager. in order for your site to make money, you need more people to come, and see the advertisements that companys pay you to put on. upgrade your site by renovating the graphics, speeding up download time, etc.
7. Forum Admins (we dont hate you but it must be hard on you guys). create your own forum city! make certain threads and categories to attract new people to "join your community." be aware of the drama that make take apart your society and the technical errors that destroy parts of your "city." purpose is to create the biggest community in a certain period of time

..and more! (too much to explain -.-. you get the idea)
-tinymonkeyt
It's getting so close, and I haven't even done my Christmas shopping yet... Yep, it's day 14 on ye' old Tempmas calendar, and you know what that means - it's time for mince pies! No, wait... I mean... Tempmas Contest #14!

videoconp.png
c8.gif
Today's competition
Free Themed Video Contest time! That's right, get those webcams or camcorders out and your favourite smile on, as for this contest, you can submit WHATEVER kind of video you like (read exceptions below), but there's just one catch... It has to have some reference to GBAtemp in it that has NOT been edited in post-production. So unless you're clearly talking about, or filming something GBAtemp related, just make sure to have something that ties GBAtemp in with your entry (but something like a DS sat on your table top won't cut it!).

Confused? No really, the video can be about whatever you like. Take a hobby of yours, or something you enjoy doing and bring GBAtemp into it. Inspire us!

Read below for more details on how to enter!

Rules:
- GBAtemp must be clearly mentioned/referenced
- No adult content
- Video must be public and hosted on Youtube (or similar) website for online streaming

The goal is quite simple. Whatever video impresses the staff the most - wins! Be creative, unique and inspiring!

icon14.gif
How to enter?
Please follow these instructions very carefully! We will not accept your entry if you fail to comply with all the instructions.

To enter, simply send an email to [email protected] with your entry.. You may also show everyone your entry on the forums if you so wish, but remember to send the e-mail too otherwise you won't be entered in the contest!

tempmaspackage_16x16.png
Winners & prizes
We will reveal the winner and the prize for this competition tomorrow, when the next competition is announced! Remember that prizes will be getting better and better at each competition, and that we will have a special contest on Christmas Eve! You have until tomorrow (Tuesday 16th), at 23:00 (11pm) GMT to enter this competition!

smile.gif
Special Thanks
We would like to thank all the staff members that have been involved in the event organization so far, without forgetting our generous partner shops!

YallStore.com · KickGaming.com · IShopVideoGame · DealWoot
Remember that the best way you can support GBAtemp is to buy from our partner websites!

Some prizes donated by MyGamingMart!​

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Tempmas 2008 Advent Calendar

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congrats tinymonkeyt. I had a lot of fun making up my story and believe it or not it actually took me about 2hrs to type!

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FFFFFFFFF.... I made a movie just when the contest started and hoped I could use it in some way, but there is NO clear GBAtemp reference... and I don't have the right to add it in post-prod. I'm sad.
frown.gif

Still, here is what I would have used:

There's no way to use this for the contest, right?
frown.gif

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww, and I thought I was gonna win. Guess my idea wasn't enough like GBATemp. Still, I'm getting an itch to make the game myself...

Congrats, Tinymonkeyt!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's really nice video gaboumafou....I like it a lot..

maybe you can do something similar, but with the reference to the GBAtemp?! (I mean, I know that such videos are time consuming, but I'm just saying)

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
That's really nice video gaboumafou....I like it a lot..

maybe you can do something similar, but with the reference to the GBAtemp?! (I mean, I know that such videos are time consuming, but I'm just saying)
Yeah, there's no way I have time doing something like that in one night!
smile.gif

Still, it's good to know that you liked it!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Wow this is going to be really interesting, seeing what videos people can make in 24 hours!

People are going to have to work quick to get something good out for this contest!

x l3sp0ng

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science's girlfriend said:
I am so going to win this contest.

oops I am posting from this from my girlfriends computer and was accidently logged in as her
tongue.gif

I am so going to win this contest. (with help from my girlfriend
smile.gif
)

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
reimu said:
Hmm... so could I have just some quick video of me and something to do with gbatemp and then do the rest of the video in After Effects?

Edit: Nevermind... I have an idea!
smileipb2.png

No post-production.

Damn, I'm making video for 6 years now, but I never made a single video with only 24 hours to do my footage lol.

Stay close, I'm working on it.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌