Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp has a Steam group that doesn't seem to get a lot of attention. I myself just happened to stumble upon it by accident. I imagine that the Steam group would be a great source of advertisement to the gaming community, and I imagine that quite a few of our regulars here are Steam users as well.

I suggest in order to try and get some people together, or perhaps even promote some friendly competition, that GBAtemp hold some sort of tournament. Prize or no prize, I don't think it'd matter. But perhaps doing a stream/cast of the competition and do a small bracket ladder.

Personally, I would reccomend TF2. It's a staple game on Steam, known by many, and is free to play. I'm experienced with TF2 and competitive play, so I would be willing to lend a hand if need be on getting everything setup.

Given that it would be something relatively new around here, I suggest a 4v4 tournament setup. It's a very new tournament style that everyone is still getting familiar with, and is very small, so it would be easy to get teams together on here if people were to take interest. And, if prizes were decided to be awarded, it would be much less hassle to award a team of four than it would six or nine (other two standard team compositions)

Just a thought I decided to toss out. Would be interesting to see it though.

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gbatemp
(not that it was hard to find, just so it's easier for members to just click and join it)

I don't play TF2 really, but it would be nice to see some activity on there, I guess!
I'm not saying it's difficult to find, it's just very inactive, as you said. Its memberbase isn't substantial, and activity is next to none on it. It's more of an aggregate than a group right now.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
We do hold tournaments once in a while but never for TF2 as it is a pretty horrible choice for a mainly handheld and console based community. Our last two tournaments that were pretty successful were for MK7 and Tetris online, Tetris being an online browser based version that anyone could compete in.

The steam community is more of a token thing than anything, it isn't even administered by current staff. It does have its own community forum however so if you want to organise game nights or tournaments there feel free.

Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
We do hold tournaments once in a while but never for TF2 as it is a pretty horrible choice for a mainly handheld and console based community. Our last two tournaments that were pretty successful were for MK7 and Tetris online, Tetris being an online browser based version that anyone could compete in.

The steam community is more of a token thing than anything, it isn't even administered by current staff. It does have its own community forum however so if you want to organise game nights or tournaments there feel free.
I may give it a shot, but I certainly couldn't back any prizes. And it sounds more like a speculation on experience as far as participants, go. It certainly can't hurt to try, at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb