Gaming GBAtemp Steam Community!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I got into Steam last month (though my account is nearly two years old), and needless to say, I've got a decent games list going but I have only two people added with only one being a GBAtemp member. I joined the GBAtemp group, but feel free to add me.

Steam ID: luckytrouble

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sabrewoif

Fellow PC Master race tempers.
Add me

Right now i'm just a Sonic All stars racing transformed bot.
I'll be spamming that until i get more games
That Sonic All Stars game, is it like Mario Kart but on PC? How does it compare?
I'm a BIG Mario Kart fan and haven't found anything like it on any other platform, nothing compares to it in the long run.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That Sonic All Stars game, is it like Mario Kart but on PC? How does it compare?
I'm a BIG Mario Kart fan and haven't found anything like it on any other platform, nothing compares to it in the long run.

Yhh its an arcade racer like Mario Kart, but mate.
Its so much better.

Definitely worth a buy!

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Nope, its better.
Almost everything is better than in MK.
Items aren't luck based, its more randomized than luck based.
Racing is not as simple like in MK, u got 3 vehicles to drive. The Car, the Boat and the Plane.
The game looks and sounds(music) better than Mario Kart and the races are more intense.
The Single Player mode is fantastic, u got World Tour,Grand Prix,Time Trials,Single race etc.

World Tour is like a campaign, U go trough 5 worlds trying to beat the missions u have. Difficult varies from Easy-Extreme(which is unlocked after you beat the "main game"

There are vehicles mods, each of them are optimized somehow, like Speed Mod is good for speed but other things like Handling are lowered.
(To unlock mods u gotta get EXP and LV Up)
Has lot more characters than MK games, like Ulala from Space Channel 5, Sonic,Tails,Amy,Knuckles from Sonic franchise, AiAi from Monkey Banana Ball game, BD Joe from Crazy Taxi, Nights from.... nights, Football Manager from... football manager(only on PC port) etc etc.
It has over 30 characters iirc.

Not only there are races, there are other game modes like Catch the Chao,Battles,Boost Race etc.

The difference btw MK games and Sonic Transfomed is huge and the cheap price for thePC port makes it even more worth to get it, best kart racing game i played till now. (And yes, this comes from a avid MK fan)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope, its better.
Almost everything is better than in MK.
Items aren't luck based, its more randomized than luck based.
Racing is not as simple like in MK, u got 3 vehicles to drive. The Car, the Boat and the Plane.
The game looks and sounds(music) better than Mario Kart and the races are more intense.
The Single Player mode is fantastic, u got World Tour,Grand Prix,Time Trials,Single race etc.

World Tour is like a campaign, U go trough 5 worlds trying to beat the missions u have. Difficult varies from Easy-Extreme(which is unlocked after you beat the "main game"

There are vehicles mods, each of them are optimized somehow, like Speed Mod is good for speed but other things like Handling are lowered.
(To unlock mods u gotta get EXP and LV Up)
Has lot more characters than MK games, like Ulala from Space Channel 5, Sonic,Tails,Amy,Knuckles from Sonic franchise, AiAi from Monkey Banana Ball game, BD Joe from Crazy Taxi, Nights from.... nights, Football Manager from... football manager(only on PC port) etc etc.
It has over 30 characters iirc.

Not only there are races, there are other game modes like Catch the Chao,Battles,Boost Race etc.

The difference btw MK games and Sonic Transfomed is huge and the cheap price for thePC port makes it even more worth to get it, best kart racing game i played till now. (And yes, this comes from a avid MK fan)
Oh I really doubt the music is better than Mario Kart, let alone the races be more intense. Mario Kart so good, especially on the Wii I saw some fantastic leveldesigns and often was sweating through the whole race.
I really loved the Time Trials in MK Wii, so easy to share with friends and compare, was amazing.

Maybe it has more characters than MK, that's not hard to accomplish, but I don't know any of those characters you're naming tbh. Well not that well, I know all the Mario characters because I play the Mario games, not the Sega games. 30 characters is very nice, but it's a bit less enthralling when I don't know the characters. I can learn them though ;)

The only bad point I found in MK Wii was that it's sooooooo rigid, so definitive, meaning it has absolutely 0 updates after launch. No DLC, no anti hacking measures, no balancing weapons, nothing. That's a bad point of the Wii in general, so so annoying.
But the Wii hacking scene kind of took care of that with various hacks which brought countless new tracks into the game.

I'm gonna try Sonic Transformed when it's on sale again, it sounds great

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll second Sonic Transformed, it really is a superb kart racing game. And if you have a soft spot for old Saturn/Dreamcast franchises then some of the tracks will make you squirt nostalgia tears all over your monitor.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over