Misc GBAtemp SSBB Tournament

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, man brawl does things to you man... :wtf:!! I havn't even gotten an inch of sleep, its 7:30 am here Lmao. But on the bright side, got my burn of ssbb US working. Wohooo! Damn, Snakes voice is too cool ahaha!

Oh and to TWN this is my third most recent friend code. (1st was wiikey which... died..., 2nd was jap on my us wii, and finally this ones the one im going to stick with, Us version)

I'll pm you my new fc in a little while, just stopped playin SSBB.

Man i was supposed to do coursework till lik 4, but instead i playd brawl till 7 :wtf:'.

legendofninny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
congrats!!

(great price raganook, you must be one wealthy guy to be able to just give that out or a extreemly nice guy
tongue.gif
)

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
legendofninny said:
congrats!!

(great price raganook, you must be one wealthy guy to be able to just give that out or a extreemly nice guy
tongue.gif
)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Hes pointing at the "Extremely nice guy" part of what you said.

Yup thats exactly what he is. Btw, for the next tourney i think there should be a really cheap entrance fee $5-$10, and the winner takes all at the end. That would be awesome!

Obviously that would be almost impossible to arrange. But hey, its an idea -__-'

HAK_Devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
set up a paypal account where everyone would pay and then everyone puts their share on there
biggrin.gif
. I don't think it should be winner take all though instead allowing the winner to take the most with a certain amount of other people also being able to profit. Like "make it to quarters and u make back wat u put in and anything beyond that you profit with the winner taking say 50% of the entire pot"

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
I swear to god i was going to say exactly that (About putting money into a paypal account)! But then i thought to myself some people may not be willing to use paypal to send money to someone they don't know.

So made a mistake when i said it'd be impossible to arrange, heh.

It'd have to be someone trust worthy organizing this though, ahemraganookahem. If possible he could make an account and then we could put the money into his account. Doesn't necesarily have to be raganook but anyone willing to take the role of the organizer.

But yeah, Hak i think that would be awesome man! Hope something like this gets arranged.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The idea's not bad but this will definitely limit those who do not have an online account. As much as I'd like to enter, I will not be able to due to the fact that I don't have one.
frown.gif
Or we can make the money matches a seperate tournament, and the other one for those who are willing to play without money/don't have online bank accounts.

Edit; This just struck me, I'm kind of slow but whatever.
tongue.gif
Why don't we host 2v2 tournament as well? 2v2 teams of two people where they're playing from THE SAME WII. This way pairing up can be easier if you know someone that plays Brawl. This will also reduce the lag in some cases, for example, you're from USA but you want to pair up with someone from Australia. It's much easier to handle if both of you were in front of the television screen. So yeah, interesting idea?
tongue.gif

So the rules I came up with at the moment:

2v2:

-both players from the same team must be playing in front of the screen on the same Wii
-friendly fire is ON
-8 minutes with 3 stocks
-items off

Rules may be changed if both parties agree on it.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK:

As much as I'm flattered by the trust you all are giving me, I think that the general population will be discouraged from giving their money blindly to me. It should be about fun, not the financials anyways, which is why I never mentioned a prize throughout this whole tournament.

Now...the second thing is, with greater financial gain comes a heightened chance of cheating. To combat this, all matches would have to be 3 minutes long so we could record replays in case of discrepancies. You can see this is a hassle and a downer. So for now, I have to say no to a cash pool. I am happy I could sponsor a prize for the last tournament though
smile.gif

Now for the 2v2 idea. Allow me to pitch my idea for the next tournament:

*Same rules as last time
*You MUST contact and arrange a date with your partner 24 hours AFTER your match-up is confirmed. Failure to do so will result in an auto-forfeit. This will prevent the disaster we encountered where people would vanish, then on the day OF the match appear and expect a match. It doesn't have to be a single time; it could be "Tuesday or Thursday sometime between 5-8." But just a "I-am-alive-and-want-to-play"

Whats a mixer? A Mixer means i will take everybody who is enrolled in the 2v2 tournament, and i will pair everyone up at random. I think that it will allow everyone to develop new strategies, new tactics, and most importantly, meet new people.

*Team attack ON
*Same rules as above

What do you guys think?

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The random pairs for 2v2 sounds good. It just may cause a lot of lag though since it is trying to send the same signal to 4 different Wii owners. And it'd be worse if all of them are from different countries. But either way, I'm in.
tongue.gif

Edit: Unless you can pair people up by where they live.. but that'd create some what of a hassle still. Like, both player A and B are from USA vs player C and D who are from Australia.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
The random pairs for 2v2 sounds good. It just may cause a lot of lag though since it is trying to send the same signal to 4 different Wii owners. And it'd be worse if all of them are from different countries. But either way, I'm in.
tongue.gif

Edit: Unless you can pair people up by where they live.. but that'd create some what of a hassle still. Like, both player A and B are from USA vs player C and D who are from Australia.

Right. Im not sure US+US+UK+UK is much better than US+England+Australia+Japan.

Ive fought people who are in other countries who lag less than those who live in my state. Seems really hard to predict.

Edit 1: This tournament will be in its own post, starting Monday. So things that need to be discussed

*The rules I've previously posted. Agree/Disagree?
*Prize pool. I've stated my opinion quite plainly. Agree/Disagree?
*Any other notes/suggestions

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Man i agree on everything you just said apart from the random pairing. This mixer 2 v 2 tournament is genius!! Will be so amazingly fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its ok to join both of right?

Back to the pairing. Is it definetly not possible to pair up by choosing someone? As in, people speak to eachother prior to the tournament and join together as a team. Let me know about this, because i would love to pair up with someone i have a good connection with. I've already got someone in mind. Take this into consideration. As fun as random pairing would be, i really think choosing your own partner would alot more convenient.

PS: Man i love tourneys
happy.gif

Edit: Also since alot of us have played wi fi quite abit since the jap release, im sure everyone has found someone they'd love to team up with. That's why i really think we should sign up for the tourney as a pair chosen by ourselves.

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet another tournament is coming up I can't wait to enter, as for your ideas, the 1 on 1 sounds good to me but their are a few things I disagree with regarding the 2 on 2 mixer.

1. I think it would be better if people get to choose their own partners, not only for connection sake but also if it's a tournament your going want to pair with someone you feel comfortable with or = skill lol however you want to word it rather than some random guy/girl.

2. Team Attack I think should also be turned off, why have on team attack it would only limit in my opinion your ability to actually work together as a team.

3. As for the prize pool, rather you want to give another prize is up to you, me personally I'll just be entering for the fun of it I don't expect anything for my loss or victory and neither should anyone else. But as your the one setting up this entire tournament I think this should be left up to you

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
mphil good points you got up there. I also think team attack should be off.

1 v 1 would still be awesome, however i really like this new 2 v 2 concept. Raganook please make it so we can choose our own partners, would be so much better U_U'!

legendofninny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
great i'm waiting for my dual layers to arrive and then i can play the usa game which means i;ll also have a new firendcode.

BUt everything sounds cooland i'll JOIN, definitly

edit: ooh and i support the things mphil said.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mphil145 said:
2. Team Attack I think should also be turned off, why have on team attack it would only limit in my opinion your ability to actually work together as a team.

You can say the same thing about friendly fire on 'cause it requires more skills to team up at the same time not to hit each other. For example: Yes, you can grab you opponent and have your partner Forward Smash him without getting hurt when friendly fire is off, but it requires more skills to Forward Smash the opponent without hitting your teamate when friendly fire is on, or if you must risk hitting your opponent, think before doing it. So, the ability to space yourself is a must.

Also, it prevents spam. One person can always attack while the partner keeps spamming non stop.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
About the spamming. Indeed that is a very good point to consider. I dont really mind that much about team attack, i just think that we should be able to pick our own partners
happy.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Team Attack on is not up for debate as a default rule, due to abuse when it is off.

However, just as last time, you are more then welcome to change the team attack to "off", IF the other team agrees.

...you could have team attack off and only bomb-bombs, in a 10% stamina match for all I care, IF the other team agrees...

Its just too easy to abuse when its off.

So far we have two very adamant "no"'s to having a Mixer-style 2v2 tournament. I would like to hear more opinions from people who have yet to speak.

Edit: Double post due to server reset

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: