GBAtemp Bounty 2017 #1

gbatemp_bounty_2017.png

Today we are announcing the first GBAtemp Bounty for 2017 sponsored by GamePad Digital!

In previous GBAtemp bounties, we have called upon our members to code projects for various devices. This however, left a lot of our fellow Tempers out in the dark, as not everyone has the knowledge or skill to code apps and games.

So for the first triannual GBAtemp Bounty, we would like you to submit a project you have thought of, or are working on for the chance to win one of the following prizes:

Capture.JPG
Prize Bracket:
1 - GPD Pocket (worth $500)
2 - $100 Amazon gift card
3 - $50 Amazon gift card
4 - $25 Amazon gift card
5 - $25 Amazon gift card

Projects can literally be anything; are you good with art? Draw, paint or craft something for us to see! Maybe you are creative with woodwork, an avid gardener or like photography? You can also enter!
The usual coding entries will still be accepted, but this time we wanted to make it possible for as many members to take part as possible!

Of course all of this wouldn't be possible without the help of our GBAtemp Patrons and GamePad Digital (Thankyou!)

Terms:
- Closing date is September 30th 2017 - Post your entry in this thread or PM it to @T-hug
- Strictly one entry per GBAtemp account (dupes will all be disqualified)
- Document your creative process
- GBAtemp's staff decision is final

:arrow:Support GBAtemp on Patreon
:arrow:GPD Pocket on indiegogo
:arrow:GPD on AliExpress

D

Deleted-394630

I'm working on a website to host older flash games, and to have them easily accessible, when some would take hours of searching to find. I cant post anything yet, because I'm just finding copies of the flash games, but I hope this counts as an entry.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello gbatempers, I submit this picture of a new plant that I grew in my garden. This took 2 years to grow,(I cross pollinated a zucchini and a pumpkin last year) and this is what I got this year. I'm thinking to call it a pumpkini or a zumpkin. View attachment 100944
I'd love to hear your creative process on this lol, or some sort of update on how it tastes and what you cook it in!

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nameless_logo.png
Heya!
So for the bounty I told myself I should revive an old project I had laying around. That project is "NAMELESS 2D", a 2D RPG Engine for the 3ds. I decided to rewrite it from scratch, so this is completely new. I plan to make a full game with this. Note: It crashes a lot at the moment, I recommend an emulator to test this. Here's a little list of what it can do at the moment:
FEATURES:
  • Player moving on a map
  • Save system using flags
  • Menu with keyboard to enter a name
  • Textboxes
  • Sprites with animation system
  • LUA scripts
PLANNED FEATURES:
  • Sound with looping points
  • NPCs
  • Battles
  • Inventory system
  • More functions for the scripts
  • Fix the crashes
Of course, I'm releasing a tech demo for this (with placeholder images). You can download it here:
https://github.com/cheuble/NAMELESS-2D/releases/tag/v0.0.1

Here's a few screenshots of the said tech demo:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The red square is a placeholder for the player, it can totally be replaced with the sprite you want!

Last edited by cheuble,

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nameless_logo.png
Heya!
So for the bounty I told myself I should revive an old project I had laying around. That project is "NAMELESS 2D", a 2D RPG Engine for the 3ds. I decided to rewrite it from scratch, so this is completely new. I plan to make a full game with this. Note: It crashes a lot at the moment, I recommend an emulator to test this. Here's a little list of what it can do at the moment:
FEATURES:
  • Player moving on a map
  • Save system using flags
  • Menu with keyboard to enter a name
  • Textboxes
  • Sprites with animation system
  • LUA scripts
PLANNED FEATURES:
  • Sound with looping points
  • NPCs
  • Battles
  • Inventory system
  • More functions for the scripts
  • Fix the crashes
Of course, I'm releasing a tech demo for this (with placeholder images). You can download it here:
https://github.com/cheuble/NAMELESS-2D/releases/tag/v0.0.1

Here's a few screenshots of the said tech demo:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The red square is a placeholder for the player, it can totally be replaced with the sprite you want!
Great job on this! This seems like a decent replacement to RPGMaker Fez and may actually be better. Haven't tried it yet. I will give it a shot later and compare this and RPGMaker Fez.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it says photography is accepted in the op, a picture I took years ago (I think 7?). It was after a minor league baseball game, they had a fireworks display.
This was probably the only picture that didn't come out bad, using only a cheap point and shoot.
Ive been using it my desktop background since I took it.
Not sure how to put my creative process on this as I took like 50 pics trying to get a good one.

https://imgur.com/a/vKWQe
FP1kcS6.jpg

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: Jacklack3

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp bounty entry

it's a dsi.
it's blue.
it's clear.
and it has tempy on it.

give me my prize.

but in all seriousnrss, I wasn't able to do much with it as the parts only shipped yesterday.

I plan to clean up the molding a little better, put some lights that feed off the speaker frequency.

(lights in a bar graph style that raise and lower with pitch)

a "rumble" feature...

and hiya cfw of course!
(can that please come out all ready!?)

but yea, it's pretty Neet so far, but expect more soon...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its a cool thing...
so where do i put my shipping info for you to mail me my prize?

WAIT, NOO MY WIFI SUCKS TOO MUCH, I MISSED IT! :(

i know im not gonna win or anything, but can i at least get my name in the entry list? :(

Last edited by jamezfat,
Reactions: iAqua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who has submitted entries. I can't tell you when the winners will be announced, as we have to take time to make sure we check out each entry thoroughly.
Hopefully by next week.

So when will the winners be announced?

:rofl2::P

There were some really good entries, and a huge variety of them. I'm curious to see how the judges compare the entries when they are all so different.

Reactions: cracker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality