GBAtemp Bounty 2017 #1

gbatemp_bounty_2017.png

Today we are announcing the first GBAtemp Bounty for 2017 sponsored by GamePad Digital!

In previous GBAtemp bounties, we have called upon our members to code projects for various devices. This however, left a lot of our fellow Tempers out in the dark, as not everyone has the knowledge or skill to code apps and games.

So for the first triannual GBAtemp Bounty, we would like you to submit a project you have thought of, or are working on for the chance to win one of the following prizes:

Capture.JPG
Prize Bracket:
1 - GPD Pocket (worth $500)
2 - $100 Amazon gift card
3 - $50 Amazon gift card
4 - $25 Amazon gift card
5 - $25 Amazon gift card

Projects can literally be anything; are you good with art? Draw, paint or craft something for us to see! Maybe you are creative with woodwork, an avid gardener or like photography? You can also enter!
The usual coding entries will still be accepted, but this time we wanted to make it possible for as many members to take part as possible!

Of course all of this wouldn't be possible without the help of our GBAtemp Patrons and GamePad Digital (Thankyou!)

Terms:
- Closing date is September 30th 2017 - Post your entry in this thread or PM it to @T-hug
- Strictly one entry per GBAtemp account (dupes will all be disqualified)
- Document your creative process
- GBAtemp's staff decision is final

:arrow:Support GBAtemp on Patreon
:arrow:GPD Pocket on indiegogo
:arrow:GPD on AliExpress

D

Deleted User

can i submit my fruit dev site that i just made on google sites less than an hour ago?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the bounties should be separated into categories...

Obviously someone coding a new CFW/Mega Homebrew/Game dumper will be more fascinating than someone else doing photoshop... Or someone who works their dayjob doing fine woodwork will easily craft something more impressive than a drawing... unless you are Picasso himself ofcourse...

It should be like

Category 1: Computer project/Coding category.

Category 2: Wood/Handcrafting category.

Category 3: Photoshop/drawing.

That way everyone competes with the same rules... Because how do you objectively compare quality between a photoshop drawimg a homebrew or a wood/handcrafted item? Impossible :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i was wondering if i can submit a photo i took

Yeah, the contest is about submitting something you made, a picture you took is totally considered art and a form of expression... so I'm sure it will be %100 fair.

I would retain from submitting it just yet tho, you can keep from posting it now since you only have one shot at the contest and you wouldnt want to have a really good idea later on and not be able to submit cuz you jumped the gun too early with the picture.

On a side note, september 30th is my birthday, which coincidentially is the deadline to submit your project... So I will wait for that day to submit my project and let the gods of the olympus work their majic B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just opened an Imgur account, hopefully I'm doing this rite.

This is the core machine I mentioned earlier. I also have video I would like to upload of it running. Maybe I need to open a youtube account to do that because I couldn't seem to upload video on imgur. Anyways, here is what I have of it so far, I will add the youtube links to this post later.

https://imgur.com/a/uOufj

EDIT:

This is the 2nd video I have of starting the machine. ( There is still hydraulic oil dripping from the ceiling from the first start :wacko: )
I must apologize, I am horrible about holding the phone the way it needs to be held for good videos.

EDIT EDIT:

This is a video of the machine in action. Here it is cutting through asphalt because we are working on a taxiway.

So there you have it, this is my entry. I have a few pictures of the construction of it, and 2 videos of it running. I also made a hydraulic diagram and electrical diagram using Microsoft Publisher *ACK!* that took FOREVER, but that was the only tool available at work, and I'm paid hourly so it was worth it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

I forgot one major detail in my opinion. See, I'm not an electric, hydraulic, or mechanical engineer, but my employer trusted that I had the skill to come up with something before the deadline. When they told me what they wanted, and when I almost had a heart attack. That night I prayed for guidance, I asked God to help me build this thing, and help me design it. I told him that whenever people asked about how I designed it, I would give Him credit. The following month I pretty much spent on Google reading up on electro, mechanical, hydraulics, and started designing this thing. Everything seemed to fall into place when I started building this thing, even the mistakes all ended up being important and beneficial in the end. I truly believe I had help building this thing, and so I'm not about to take all the credit for it because I do not want to loose those blessings He bestowed on me. I promised He would get the credit, and I was about to make a huge mistake posting this and taking the credit for it.

Last edited by 0100100001001001,
Reactions: DarthDub

mattdog1000000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made dynamic cursors for Windows!
I've also included my source code and the .psd files.

Originally I just made 16 rotated cursors by hand and had them assigned based off of the direction you moved your cursor, but over the course of the weekend I decided that I wanted full 360 rotation.
I first attempted to construct .CUR files myself, but Visual Studio didn't like them (although Windows would allow me to manually set them just fine).
I had the cursors' hotspots in the center of the image, but that resulted in the cursors having to be too small for my taste.
I ended up utilizing ImageMagick and translating the point of rotation by full pixel increments so that they would consistently line up (otherwise the cursors would be super-jittery due to the truncation.)

Hopefully someone else will enjoy them as much as I do :)

Attachments

• RotateCursor.zip
    529.9 KB · Views: 165

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the laptop and thought that was the prize goddam it
Prize Bracket:
1 - GPD Pocket (worth $500)
2 - $100 Amazon gift card
3 - $50 Amazon gift card
4 - $25 Amazon gift card
5 - $25 Amazon gift card

It is the prize? lol

Reactions: DeoNaught

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made dynamic cursors for Windows!
I've also included my source code and the .psd files.

Originally I just made 16 rotated cursors by hand and had them assigned based off of the direction you moved your cursor, but over the course of the weekend I decided that I wanted full 360 rotation.
I first attempted to construct .CUR files myself, but Visual Studio didn't like them (although Windows would allow me to manually set them just fine).
I had the cursors' hotspots in the center of the image, but that resulted in the cursors having to be too small for my taste.
I ended up utilizing ImageMagick and translating the point of rotation by full pixel increments so that they would consistently line up (otherwise the cursors would be super-jittery due to the truncation.)

Hopefully someone else will enjoy them as much as I do :)
the due date has passed, my dude.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well shit. I guess they extended it. cheers.
It was always 30th of Sep lol. I'm 100% on it, though I think a fair few people here just read 30th and assumed August.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)