Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
TBE33x-B_400x400.png

Hey Tempers! As many of you know we have a dedicated team of staff and we are always open to new ideas from our community:
This thread is just a quick post to gauge some interest from you, the community, on what you would like to see added to the site. This can be anything from new ideas, to coverage, features, literally anything that you think would work well at GBAtemp.

Please post your ideas, wants and needs or feedback on anything we could possibly add or change to improve the GBAtemp experience.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Don't know if it was discussed before, but I'd like to see the a game release page or even implemented on the front page like it was on the old site, where you could see all the new NDS, Wii, 360, PS3 etc releases. Speaking of this the return of the scene releases archive page or what was it called on the old site, where you could review all the scene releases/dump info of all available or most of the NDS ROMSs and other game console game dumps. :)

Reactions: Dinomite

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Please bring back askGBAtemp and the cheats section.

please.

Personally, the only real change I'd want is the shoutbox archive back, if that's even possible ;O;

These two please.

Also, how about we allow guests to post in noob threads, and use captcha to prevent spam? That way they won't have to register just to ask a question.
Or allow guests in askGBATemp.

Reactions: macravin

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Something that I'm yet to see here is weekend game streams.. ..so my suggestion would be some Twitch streaming sessions, more on the ways of the TempCast where there's a predefined theme. So, for exemple, it could be a Weekend's TempStream - Special Speedrun week ...or a RPG week, or special P1ngPong's commentary ...and so on ..

This has so much potential.. I can feel the fun already :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
These two please.

Also, how about we allow guests to post in noob threads, and use captcha to prevent spam? That way they won't have to register just to ask a question.
Or allow guests in askGBATemp.
Bots already manage to register, even with captcha, they will do with guest reply too.
That will be harder to spam bot if there's no account to ban. it will be only IP based, but it needs to be implemented.
Account system is better in my opinion, unless there's a way to implement this feature properly.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Something that I'm yet to see here is weekend game streams.. ..so my suggestion would be some Twitch streaming sessions, more on the ways of the TempCast where there's a predefined theme. So, for exemple, it could be a Weekend's TempStream - Special Speedrun week ...or a RPG week, or special P1ngPong's commentary ...and so on ..

This has so much potential.. I can feel the fun already :P

This would be pretty neat actually. We already have a few Tempers who stream stuff every now and again (like Sicklyboy), setting up some sort of stream day would be pretty fun. Maybe set up some multiplayer games, get a bunch of Tempers in a Skype call or something and just stream it for everyone to enjoy. A nice change of pace from the competitive tournaments and stuff.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This would be pretty neat actually. We already have a few Tempers who stream stuff every now and again (like Sicklyboy), setting up some sort of stream day would be pretty fun. Maybe set up some multiplayer games, get a bunch of Tempers in a Skype call or something and just stream it for everyone to enjoy. A nice change of pace from the competitive tournaments and stuff.

IIRC the last stream only had like 3 viewers.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC the last stream only had like 3 viewers.

pls viewers

Yeah whenever I'm playing a game on any platform other than handheld I've gotten in the habit of streaming and posting the link to my Facebook and the shoutbox though I don't ever get many viewers. Which is fine as far as I'm concerned, I don't really care, I just do it for the sake of doing it, in case someone wants to watch and listen to my antics.

Reactions: Walker D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Add a Trophy system

I oppose this suggestion, both because I dislike such things and because I have never seen them do any good in any forum I have seen them implemented in.

I am surprised to see the ask stuff being called for but I suppose it was not bad.

On the cheats forum do you all just want somewhere to talk about cheats or the actual old forum? If the latter then it was basically only just hosted on GBAtemp but run separately, also though there were many of the same people on both there are several more that made it what it was that have since moved on.
If it is somewhere to talk about it would a thread or two in the ROM hacking/hacking sections and some work to jumpstart it (portal posts, tags, cheat of the week and whatever else) be suitable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1