Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok good...At first I added just metroid and when I selected goomba, it automatically loaded it, without giving me the choise oc choosing that game so maybe it just does that when 1 game is on there
Yup, that's exactly how it works!
happy.gif

If he sees only 1 rom packed with him, it will be because of either a single-rom file or a PogoShell .gb file loaded with Goomba. Since it would be pretty dumb selecting between 1 and 1, especially in PogoShell's case, where you have file lists BEFORE Goomba itself, it just starts the rom right away. As soon as he sees more than one rom in the list, though, THEN he asks the user which one he wants to play...
happy.gif

- ViNcE989

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok it works I now have metroid 2 r-type, and r-type 2 on it and they all work like a charm! =) great emulator! it's about time!!! now where's a GBC emulator?
Well, a decent GB emulator with nice UI, great speed and compatibility has just been released, so... Might as well wait a bit...
tongue.gif
Maybe it will be done, maybe even soon, who knows?
happy.gif

- ViNcE989

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
okay, i just tested my all -time favorite gbc game (DT - Lords of Genome) on it, and it works like a charm.

this is much much better than gbongba which made the dt rom almost unplayable. albeit the game is in B&W, but i'm shedding tears because i can play it now....

BTW, for anyone who hasn't tried it, i really, really, really recommend DT. it's probably the best card game ever on the gbc. but it'd be nice if you could read japanese. (but once you know the rules, it's not to hard to play actually)

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
okay, i just tested my all -time favorite gbc game (DT - Lords of Genome) on it, and it works like a charm.Â

this is much much better than gbongba which made the dt rom almost unplayable. albeit the game is in B&W, but i'm shedding tears because i can play it now....

BTW, for anyone who hasn't tried it, i really, really, really recommend DT. it's probably the best card game ever on the gbc. but it'd be nice if you could read japanese. (but once you know the rules, it's not to hard to play actually)
I'd only like to know a few things...
happy.gif

First off, what is the name of the game? DT, I don't recall what game it is...
tongue.gif

And second, you're talking about GBC... Does it really support GBC? I think it doesn't yet, since there would have been screenshots of it somewhere on its page... Then, it's a GBC/GB rom, the kind that can work with both GBC in many colors and GB ? If it is, then I guess I'm gonna get back to playing Dragon Warrior Monsters again...
biggrin.gif

And one thing I'll wanna test someday will be the link feature... I can't right now since I don't have 2 flash carts, but if anyone can try it with single-cart multiplayer (yup, PNES did it, and so can Goomba, as long as the roms are less than 256k ... ) , I'd be curious to know how well it works...
smile.gif

- ViNcE989

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
DT - Lords of Genome, is the proper title i think. Second, it's a GBC title. i'm not sure about it's GB support. (btw, at 4MB it's the largest GBC game i know)

i don't think it supports gbc per say, but unlike GBonGBA, you're allowed to convert gbc roms as well, which should say something, whether it's intentionalor not.

i think it's worth a try. i'm going to test a few more gbc games on it. looks like i'm going to have even more flubba on my gba

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Great work Costello!
Only one problem with GBArms this time
tongue.gif
I can't download any box art, screenshot and so forth. Also there was an error when trying to update the romdat.

In relation to the other program Goomba, I must say i'm incredibly impressed! Every gb game i've tryed with it works fine and at perfect speed. Now we can finally play gb games on our gba flash cart without a GB Bridge! The only thing left to do with it is to add support for gbc games.

*EDIT

oops1: I forgot about the resource downloader, I now have no problems with GBArms! Great job Costello!
oops2: Wrong topic for me to post this
wink.gif

ditto_n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am now confirming that Goomba does NOT play gbc games, i tried both methods (pogoshell plugin and the front) but DT - Lords of Genomes IS a gbc game. I tried both Zelda - oracle of seasons and Harvest Moon 3, both gbc games, and both brought up a screeen saying "This game can only be played on a gameboy color©" I think DT - Lords of Genomes is a gbc game that does not have gb protection, or is backwards compatable, something along those lines.

PLEASE REMOVE IF AGENST THE RULES!!!
BTW is anyone needs a gb WWW email [email protected], I have a autoresponse on there.
/PLEASE REMOVE IF AGENST THE RULES!!!

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for that, it confirms that only GB and GBC games which are GB compatible will work on it right now... Maybe Goomba will support GBC later in its life, but just don't expect it too much, since GBC and GB are not really the same thing...
tongue.gif

- ViNcE989

Mar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this maybe a stupid question, but why do you need an emulator to play gb games on a gba? i mean, it's already gb compatible right?

my theory
laugh.gif

goomba is a gb emulator to load gb games to a flashcart and then play it on gba.

ditto_n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this doesnt emulate any click, it actually is a full gb emulater for gba, if all i did was emulate that click, then we could play gbc also.

There is no way to flip that switch thru a flashcart, that is what the bridge was for.

Heres the full lowdown. The gba has the gb hardware also, when you put a gba cart in, it uses the gba hardware, but gb games are set up differently, so you have to use the old hardware, when a gb or gbc cart is put it, it flips a switch inside the cradle, that makes it use gb hardware. The bridge basicly made you flash cart a gb flash cart by changing it to the correct voltage, and flipping that switch, but even then when u had the bridge on, you could only play gbc or gb games, then you could plug the cart in directly to play gba games. What goomba does is its just like drsms or pnes, it emulates the gb for use with the gba, so now we no longer have to correct the voltage, cause the gba can use gba hardware to play. There is a reason ninny used both hardware, because the gba is not strong enough to emulate gbc, or im sure ninny would put a emu in the hardware, but sadly, if you wanna play gbc, your still gonna need a bridge, inless flubba knows somthing ninny doesnt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P +1