Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
SifJar said:
I errored when trying to compile. Is there a specific version of libnds/devkitARM I should be using to compile this?

I'm using the latest build. It worked fine (although it took a while) for me.
On a DSi, or DS Lite? SifJar was trying it on a DS Lite so I'm wondering too.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Arp1 said:
spinal_cord said:
SifJar said:
I errored when trying to compile. Is there a specific version of libnds/devkitARM I should be using to compile this?

On a DSi, or DS Lite? SifJar was trying it on a DS Lite so I'm wondering too.
He's talking about the compiling.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
SifJar said:

I probably don't have the latest builds...AFAIK, the latest libfat doesn't like my flash card so I never upgraded any of the other stuff either. I'll maybe try doing that.

BTW, at the OP: Is there any reason you haven't posted a .NDS binary? Or any objection you have to someone else doing so?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SifJar said:
spinal_cord said:
SifJar said:

I probably don't have the latest builds...AFAIK, the latest libfat doesn't like my flash card so I never upgraded any of the other stuff either. I'll maybe try doing that.

BTW, at the OP: Is there any reason you haven't posted a .NDS binary? Or any objection you have to someone else doing so?

it is because i use nitroFS because i don't have a flashcard

so you have to inject the gba in the nds. I do that by recompile it and change the gba.gba file in nitrofiles

ADD: i managed to get the speed to 1/10 in most games in my emulator by using some hw instead of software but the sprite are no more working update as soon as the bug is fixed (it is still to slow)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting. When I read the OP i thought someone was bullshitting and that this was just a joke some people were going along with.
I'd love to test this (though i don't have any GBA homebrew to test with will have to try and find some) but remember compiler hell when I once tried getting them setup so will have to wait for a possible browser version.

Edit: Argh, now I remember why I hate compilers I can never get them to work. I open the makefile and tell it to "make" in programmer's notepad. It says ""make": *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ichichfly said:
SifJar said:
spinal_cord said:
SifJar said:

it is because i use nitroFS because i don't have a flashcard

so you have to inject the gba in the nds. I do that by recompile it and change the gba.gba file in nitrofiles

ADD: i managed to get the speed to 1/10 in most games in my emulator by using some hw instead of software but the sprite are no more working update as soon as the bug is fixed (it is still to slow)

It uses NitroFS? Didn't realise that. I didn't put a ROM in the folder, could that be the reason for my errors?

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm still boggled, even after reading it, as to how to compile it. :/ I'd really love to try this. Is it dragged over makefile?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Awesome work. I have injected Arkanoid in the emulator and it works. Still slow, but it works.
I have uploaded my compiled binary for those that couldnt compile it themselfes. If this is not allowed or not appreciated, please tell me and I will remove the link immediately: http://uploading.com/files/9c2aaa59/gbaemu2.nds

Good luck for the bounty
smile.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
to fix the color problem, the following values should be changed in the main.cpp -

systemRedShift = 0;
systemGreenShift = 6;
systemBlueShift = 11;

Should be

systemRedShift = 0;
systemGreenShift = 5;
systemBlueShift = 10;

jamespoo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
personuser said:
jamespoo said:
just used this to play pokemon on the orginal ds and it works but sometimes it dose freeze for half a sec every 20sec or so

was that a COMMERCIAL pokemon game? and what was the rom size?

The creator claimed it only played homebrew under 2mb.

Pokemon Emerald Version

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jamespoo said:
personuser said:
jamespoo said:
just used this to play pokemon on the orginal ds and it works but sometimes it dose freeze for half a sec every 20sec or so

was that a COMMERCIAL pokemon game? and what was the rom size?

The creator claimed it only played homebrew under 2mb.

Pokemon Emerald Version

Buttt...the limit for now is 2MB, is it not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo