Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

RyanWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This normally happens if the files are not in the root directory or some files are not found.

Add what Version are you using?

gbaemu4ds alpha 2 fix4. By the way i read in another thread you have to change the file types, which i tried and it didn't work neither.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gbaemu4ds alpha 2 fix4. By the way i read in another thread you have to change the file types, which i tried and it didn't work neither.

No you don't need to you can just copy the files to the root dir and start the hbmenu.nds if that dose not work there may be a problem with the libfat reading form the SD. I never found out why it dose not work on some DS systems.

RyanWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No you don't need to you can just copy the files to the root dir and start the hbmenu.nds if that dose not work there may be a problem with the libfat reading form the SD. I never found out why it dose not work on some DS systems.

Where do i find root dir? i don't see that in my folder

RyanWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks. On the comparability list it says pokemon ruby works, but it won't run for me (only tried the first emulator so far)

RyanWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure your rom is dumped correct don't patch your rom.

I have done so (not sure how you dump it wrongly) and i haven't patched the rom neither. I've tried Pokemon Emerald/ruby and Super Mario Advance 4. 1-2 of those should definitely work, so now i'm wondering if ive did something wrong.

This is what i've done so far. Downloaded rom, put it straight on micro SD card> put it on r4i card from directory, load the gba emulator, choose the game and press a for everything. Then i choose the emulator i want the use and i try most of them if the first one doesn't work. Have i skipped a step? Also i'm on a 3ds xl

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have done so (not sure how you dump it wrongly) and i haven't patched the rom neither. I've tried Pokemon Emerald/ruby and Super Mario Advance 4. 1-2 of those should definitely work, so now i'm wondering if ive did something wrong.

This is what i've done so far. Downloaded rom, put it straight on micro SD card> put it on r4i card from directory, load the gba emulator, choose the game and press a for everything. Then i choose the emulator i want the use and i try most of them if the first one doesn't work. Have i skipped a step? Also i'm on a 3ds xl
What version of the emulator are you using?

RyanWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you intend to keep using Alpha2 Fix4, you must load the default patch every time you start the emulator. At least, Ruby works with that.

However, there's really no reason to keep using that version. Alpha1 Fix1 is more compatible, and requires no shenanigans to run games.

Hi thanks for the reply. put the alpha1 fix 1 on the 3ds. The SD card on the r4 looks dodgy, like it's all black without words next to the games. And when i try load the gbaemu4ds it just loads to drunken gameers. Do you know how to fix?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi thanks for the reply. put the alpha1 fix 1 on the 3ds. The SD card on the r4 looks dodgy, like it's all black without words next to the games. And when i try load the gbaemu4ds it just loads to drunken gameers. Do you know how to fix?
It is meant to look like that.
The following step is optional: Get the hbmenu.nds file from the Alpha2 fix2 version, load it, and you will get the new logo on the top screen.

Eroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I am currently working on an other project but we hit unexpected stability problems there.
It's really dissapointing that you left a project with a great potential halfway done. I know you are not being paid and you do this in your free time, but still you have lots of people expecting something. Anyway, I'm not a programmer nor any other thing that could help in the development of GBAemu4DS, but I know it is possible.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's really dissapointing that you left a project with a great potential halfway done. I know you are not being paid and you do this in your free time, but still you have lots of people expecting something. Anyway, I'm not a programmer nor any other thing that could help in the development of GBAemu4DS, but I know it is possible.
He didn't want to stop... he just hit a wall. There's an error he can't fix because no emulators support the function he needs and he can't verify it in real hardware either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs