Hacking GBA VC help

zer01717

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping someone could help with an issue I've been having regarding GBA games on my N3DS. I posted here few weeks ago but was unable to find a solution. Essentially when I boot a GBA VC game (or injected/ cia GBA) the system powers off within a few seconds. All other VC games boot/run fine (NES,GB,GBC,SNES). I am certain the games worked in the past. I recently updated my old/ original A9LH (hacked it when the guide first came out) to SigHax hoping it would fix the issue, but no luck. I also tried uninstalling/ reinstalling the games no luck either.

I have a N3DS with 11.4.0.47E SigHax and a 128GB kingston MicroSD
Luma3DS 7.1
(x)Show NAND user string in sys setting
(x)Show GBA boot screen in patched ABG_FIRM
(x)Enable exception handlers
the rest is unchecked/default.

***Solved
I unchecked the GBA boot screen in patched ABG_FIRM from the Luma3DS settings upon boot and the games work again. If someone could explain what that function does that would be nice.

Last edited by zer01717,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I unchecked the GBA boot screen in patched ABG_FIRM from the Luma3DS settings upon boot and the games work again. If someone could explain what that function does that would be nice.
It certainly shouldn't cause your console to turn off...

If you enable the gba logo, the rom header will be verified (no differently than what a real gba would do), so poorly edited roms wouldn't work; but the "don't work" means stopping at the GAME BOY logo, nothing more and nothing less, this is probably a bug in the logo patch

Reactions: zer01717

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol