GBA Sp Shell's L&R buttons came off

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all, I appreciate anyone who can help. I may sound like a noob but I didn't remove it intentionally and I'm not sure how to put it back together... Anyone with GBA sp shell replacement experience?
EDIT: Still no help :( i really need someone who knows about this, I dont know how to put this back and i dont wanna play my sp w/o l and r triggers

Last edited by Mike001,

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean that they came off as you were taking it apart or did they just pop out of the GBA just like that? Because that certainly isn't normal. I remember once taking apart an SP and I somewhat recall there being a small metal piece that provided resistance to the buttons so that they spring up when you let them go. I think this piece went around the small metal shaft that held the button in place. Hope this helps.

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean that they came off as you were taking it apart or did they just pop out of the GBA just like that? Because that certainly isn't normal. I remember once taking apart an SP and I somewhat recall there being a small metal piece that provided resistance to the buttons so that they spring up when you let them go. I think this piece went around the small metal shaft that held the button in place. Hope this helps.
I was taking it apart because I was stupid and I thought that you had to remove it. And I know about that small little piece but god damn is it a hassle to put back in after its been removed.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Damn im sorry for spam but i did post it and it says error, i have these pix locally but idk how to post it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://filetrip.net/view?7rjsAcqEAd
http://filetrip.net/view?syZR6Pqmzu

i will try to make a diagram, it is like the ones on the ds lite... so i know how they must be put

however you can search on yotuube how to fix them.. because my explanation will be a bit bad, but hopefully you can understand. wait a few moments

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
click for zoom
275731-20150627_141544.png

my english is really bad to make theese explanations, i hope you can figure out with the picture...
take some attention on the picture, i tried to show where the pieces will stay
first you have to put the spring hole between, then the plastic stick going through the holes including the spring hole the spring stays between the 2 pieces, secured by the plastic stick...
then you put then in the gba shell and close it...

however, you must find the right position, and the spring requires 1 "spin"..

can you show the other case? maybe i can make some kind of picture to show you how to mount the rest

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will try to make a diagram, it is like the ones on the ds lite... so i know how they must be put

however you can search on yotuube how to fix them.. because my explanation will be a bit bad, but hopefully you can understand. wait a few moments
I've asked here because I've had troubles finding the right videos on YouTube. I know where you're getting at though, I'll attempt your method. Thanks.

Jabodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still having trouble, it's probably easier to find videos on how to clean your L&R DS buttons. They are almost the same assembly, so by watching one of those videos and looking at how they replace the shoulder buttons might help you (that's how I learned).

Mike001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still having trouble, it's probably easier to find videos on how to clean your L&R DS buttons. They are almost the same assembly, so by watching one of those videos and looking at how they replace the shoulder buttons might help you (that's how I learned).
I've looked up some videos but no good ones. Most of them are just kids from '09-'10 not even opening their consoles.

Jabodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Literally the second result from "how to clean your ds lite shoulder buttons" search on Youtube. Skip to 9:10 for shoulder button replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...