Hacking GBA/SNES emulation on the dstwo vs the psp?

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was just wondering, what is better at emulating the games, the DStwo or the PSP? i know that with the gpsp emulator some gba games dont run/ not run correctly(robopon 2), the same thing with the snes emulator.
so basically i wanted to know if it is worth getting a dstwo for GBA/SNES emulation when i can emulate them on my psp

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had a dstwo but playing majority of the gba games run full speed. However the snes emulation is not quite perfect for certain games so you would have to change some settings here and there. If you can find a psp that's around the same price as a dstwo than you should definitely get a psp.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For a machine as incapable as the DS the emulators are awesome.
It is as said before, most GBA games run properly but the SNES is just being bottlenecked by sounds channels or something like that, correct me if I'm wrong.

If the SNES game you want to play has a GBA re-release, playing the GBA version is recommended as a general consensus.
For the DS it doesn't get any better than this though and the chances of getting any better emulation is minimal, unless they will get picked up by someone else, who will try and improve them further, but the latest author of the emulators has kind of said these are the final releases, except for maybe some minor bugs, that could fixed easily.

It is all a matter of perspective, do you just want to play games or do you want picture perfect emulation, if the latter is the case you might just want to use pc emulators, since you can't expect hardware like the DS to get great emulation. it is great considering the DS's limitations though.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The PSP is superior to the DS/DSTwo for GBA/SNES emulation, but neither are perfect. If you already have a PSP then dont buy a DSTwo just for emulation :)
There is a new batch of EZ-Flash IVs out and they're available quite cheap. If you really care for GBA then you cant beat an AGS-101 (GBA SP with a backlit screen) and a GBA flashcart like the ez-flash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)