Hacking gba games on acekard 2i (DSi)...

YetoJesse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xD, i'm not going to wait for that thing to come all the way to me, neither do I have the cash for it.. changing the flashcard, what about DSTTi?.. I gave up on it because it took them about half a year to come with new firmware :S

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope the iPlayer seems to be the only GBA possibility on the DSi for now anyway if u really wanted to play GBA games u could play them on your computer for now lol =D

yatesl

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a working GBA emulator on the DSi? Well I'll be... I was always under the impression that the DS wasn't powerful enough to run it.

How do the games play? The fact that there are GBA/SNES games that don't run 100% on even the PSP leaves me a tad skeptical.

Rainy

Trophies
XP
Country
yatesl said:
There's a working GBA emulator on the DSi? Well I'll be... I was always under the impression that the DS wasn't powerful enough to run it.

How do the games play? The fact that there are GBA/SNES games that don't run 100% on even the PSP leaves me a tad skeptical.

Off topic: It uses the extra power of the iPlayer to emulate the GBA.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no way, none at all, it's impossible, it's an event that will never occur. It's been discussed a million times before, if you'd have searched you would have found the answer. Your ONLY choice for playing GBA games from slot 1 is the iPlayer.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i agree with trollydave but so far only iplayer maybe nintendo will make a virtual consoul gba games becasue they know there system better than us and with the extra ds ram theres no telling what we can do once we crack it

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want GBA, the best bet is to get a DS Lite and a slot-2 card.

I have a M3 Perfect SD in my DS Lite. Acekard 2i for DS games, and I can boot the M3 when I feel like playing some GBA.

Emulation might be alright at some point maybe, but it will be a long time I would expect.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Retrievil said:
If you want GBA, the best bet is to get a DS Lite and a slot-2 card.

I have a M3 Perfect SD in my DS Lite. Acekard 2i for DS games, and I can boot the M3 when I feel like playing some GBA.

Emulation might be alright at some point maybe, but it will be a long time I would expect.
Checked the homepage or the previous posts lately?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have yeah. If you read the discussion about the emulator, people are saying that some games don't work .... and those that do need to skip every 2nd frame to be playable. So apart from the compatibility issues, you'd need a 50% increase in speed to make it perfect. I have my doubts that will ever happen.

That is no comparison to the 100% perfect internal GBA hardware on my DS Lite. If you really want GBA, you will always be better off with a DS Lite + slot-2 solution.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure it will, kudos to the coder for doing it. I'm not dissing it. All I'm saying is it will never equal the built in hardware capability of the DS Lite. Will it be near perfect someday? I hope so, it's a great project, but it will always be emulation.

What I said still stands though, if you want GBA today, not some time in the future, your best bet is a DS Lite with a slot 2 card. I don't see why there would be any dispute over that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn