Hacking GBA flashcard for NDSL

supercell_c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not familar with GBA flashcards so I wanna ask: what GBA flashcards that are still available work with the DS lite.
Also, what would be a good site to buy them off. It'll ship to the US BTW.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by supercell_c,

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The EZ-Flash IV is your best choice.
The only caveat is that you need to patch your ROMs with a certain program in order to be able to save your games.
I had gotten mine through good ol' RealHotStuff, but I've heard this is a reliable place to get it nowadays.

Last edited by yoshinatsu,

supercell_c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why do I need to patch to save? Is it a battery related issue because I hear the EZ Flash has a lithium coin cell inside it.
Also, how's the game compatibility?

Last edited by supercell_c,

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm not certain of the details, but I have an EZ-Flash IV, and all I know is you can't save without patching the ROMs first.
Compatibility is pretty much 100%, full-speed.

Last edited by yoshinatsu,

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to have RTC for GBA games on a DSL setup your going to need a few things that are mandatory:

1. GBA ExpLoader
2. M3 GBA Expansion Pack

Since you did not say where you are in the world you live in, I will just list a site that has it for sale. If it isn't in your part of the world, I suggest you look for a vendor close to you that would have it.

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?cPath=30_36&products_id=730

If you want one with internal storage so you can play on a gba/sp/micro and has RTC, you will likely have to meet the requirements for the trading section and you can try and buy one that meets your criteria there from another user.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah RTC has been worked around to an extent for years
http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995
It will then advance the game clock while the game is running as opposed to at all points in time. Some will accelerate the day-night cycle as well but not those linked. For the most part the only real "problem" people face with pokemon is the berries which are little bonus boosts you can equip your pokemon -- they grow in 24 real hours (or turn it off and come back tomorrow) but you would then need 24 hours of game time for them to grow which is a slightly different prospect, or you just use cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free