Hacking GBA emulator .sav transfer to GBA Cartridge

DeeDubb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm sorry, I know you guys have answered this many times, but I just want to make sure before I purchase many things that I'm doing it correctly.

I've read that it's possible to use a DS Cart to transfer an emulator save file to an actual cartridge. I would like to transfer my emulated Pokemon emerald game to my Emerald cartridge. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest and most efficient way to do this.

Right now I have:
GBA SP, all 3rd Gen Pokemon Cartridges

What I think I need to buy:
DS or DS-Lite (I plan to get one any way to move to the gen 4 games)
DS Cart (I'm looking at the DSTWO based on another recommendation on this forum)

What software do I need?
1. Does a .sav file work? I'm using MyBoy Emulator for Android, which saves .sav files. Do I need something to convert the .sav file?
2. DS Cart software. I'm guessing the DS cart needs something loaded on it so it knows to transfer the .sav file to the inserted GBA cart

The process:
1. Load some kind of software onto the SD micro from my laptop, as well as the .sav file (not sure how to manage directories)
2. Put the SD micro into the DS Cart, put the DS cart into the DS Lite, and put the Pokemon Emerald cart in as well
3. Run the DS, which should automatically load the software needed to transfer the .sav?

Is that it? Am I missing anything? I've never done anything with these carts before. Thank you for your help, and again, I'm sorry for reasking, I could not find an answer specific to my question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P