Hacking GBA Emulator on R4 3DS V4.5

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking everywhere for an emulator on my flash card. I refuse to believe there is no way to play GBA games on it since I can run GBA on my CELLPHONE.

Can anyone help me out?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only GBA emulator for slot-1 cards (that isn't the DSTwo) is this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-emulator-for-ds-i-dsi-entry.281715/
It's only ok.

There is a flashcard called the Supecard DSTwo, which has an on-board CPU and ram, so it can emulate GBA games, but the emulator only works on the DSTwo.

The DS actually isn't that strong a system for emulation actually and when running a flashcard on either a 3DS and DSi, you are still in DS-Mode and stuck with the DS limitations.
Smartphones have way more power behind them from more CPU speed to more ram and thus can actually emulate systems like the GBA and SNES better than the DS ever could.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Refuse to believe whatever you want, but all you're doing is proving your ignorance. The DS does not have enough RAM to even come close to proper GBA emulation, and the processor that it runs in DS mode is not going to clock over 66mhz.

Your phone is likely at least 600mhz or more. So, of course your phone can run things that DS-mode homebrew cannot.

Either buy a DSTwo, or just suck it up and deal with it. Your disbelief isn't going to magically add more processor power to your 3DS, nor will it magically enable hardware that is incapable of emulating the GBA to do so.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I refuse to believe there is no way to play GBA games on it since I can run GBA on my CELLPHONE.
Newsflash: your cell phone is many times more powerful than the DS.

Flash carts run in DS mode. Even if you stick them in a 3DS, they only run with the power of the original 2004-model DS.

DS flash cart homebrew is incredibly weak by today's standards.

Reactions: The Catboy

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a peek here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

you will understand why it cannot emulate GBA. 67 MHz is not much speed for emulators. i believe you need about 10x the cpu power to properly emulate it. see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Advance for more info on gba. about 17 MHz would theoretically need about 200 MHz but that would have to be really optimized code.

In theory you would only need comparable specs to the console you are trying to emulate, realistically you need much more powerful hardware

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well also in theory i could run the emulator on a slice of white bread, but you get what i was saying. you need much better hardware to emulate something.

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newsflash: your cell phone is many times more powerful than the DS.

Flash carts run in DS mode. Even if you stick them in a 3DS, they only run with the power of the original 2004-model DS.

DS flash cart homebrew is incredibly weak by today's standards.

Very well, thanks for telling me. I guess my expectations were a little high for this thing. Or maybe I'm cranky because I had to wait three weeks for it since it was being shipped out of Hong-Kong.
Either way thank you for your time.

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well also in theory i could run the emulator on a slice of white bread, but you get what i was saying. you need much better hardware to emulate something.

No, I'm pointing this out because your use of the phrase in theory is wrong and I'm tired of people saying "in theory" incorrectly. In theory you could have a perfect emulation which would allow for minimal overhead and allow devices of comparable specs to run said emulator. Realistically, emulators are far from perfect and create a substantial processing overhead during translation from the ROM's code to code that can run on said device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte