Not open for further replies.

BurntChomsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there everyone.
I just purchased a CycloDS card, which, as I'm sure most of you know, does not require a card in Slot 2 in order to run DS roms. However, I'm wondering if in buying only a slot 1 device, have I limited myself to the ability to only play homebrew and DS roms, or is it possible to either: 1. Download a GBA emulator to run from the CycloDS card OR 2. Download some sort of backwards Pass-me utility that would tell the DS to run GBA games from Slot1 ?
Thanks for any help in advance.

putifreak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GBATemp-Giftcard32.jpg

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
probably a GBA Expansion pack could be considered a "backwards passme"... It goes into the GBA slot to run GBA code, although the method of operation is different.

BurntChomsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, sounds like I need to get some new hardware if I want to play GBA games. Thanks for the replies, considering I'm a noob at this, I don't mind the flames.

Edit: However, I feel like my question was legit...its very possible that someone might have made a GBA emulator for slot 1 cards.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurntChomsky said:
Alright, sounds like I need to get some new hardware if I want to play GBA games. Thanks for the replies, considering I'm a noob at this, I don't mind the flames.

Edit: However, I feel like my question was legit...its very possible that someone might have made a GBA emulator for slot 1 cards.
theres stickys all over the place about it...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BurntChomsky said:

Why should they bother to create emulation for something that is built right into the DS?

More effecive for people to buy a Slot-2 device, than for coders to program emulation ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.