Homebrew GBA emulator for r4?

Jacob91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'M JOKING!! Don't flame me please. I just thought that this might catch attention, and put the whole discussion into a passive, humorous perspective.

I was actually wondering if gameboy and gameboy color games can be played on the r4 with or without an emulator. I read that monochrome Gameboy games can, but I'm not sure the gameboy game I want (Pokemon Gold) is monochrome.

Thanks.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
haha. lameboy is getting pretty impressive. it's the best dldi compiled gameboy emulator right now, however goomba for gba carts still beats it in at least some areas. however lameboy can scale the screen bigger
happy.gif

Jacob91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded lameboy and when I open it on my ds it tells me to use the correct DLDI patch. Can anyone link me to this patch? I have an r4 if that helps at all.

Jacob91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Found what I'm looking for here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/#patchers

But I don't understand how to do this part: "Extract the patch and patcher to the same directory as the ROM file. Open a command prompt in that directory."

I have the patch and patcher in the same file as all the ROMs I want patched, but how do I open a command prompt in that directory?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from the v0.9 changelog
QUOTE said:
There is no change to sound core so don’t expect any improvement there.

what is the sound like in lameboy?

I just started using Lameboy yesterday. Sound? I've tried The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages, Wario Land 2 and Driver. All of them played perfectly, including sound.

QUOTE(Jacob91 @ Jul 20 2007, 10:23 AM)And the right click patcher only works for .nds files, these files are either .gb or .gbc.
You do not touch the original GB or GBC roms at all. Go ahead and toss them into a folder wherever it's convienent on your MicroSD card right now.

Just patch lameboy.nds. If you are at the latest R4 firmware, the firmware should autopatch it for you.

If you are at R4 Firmware 1.10, just toss lameboy.nds where ever you toss comercial roms on your cart. Turn the DS on and run lameboy.nds.

If you are below R4 Firmware 1.10 and you need to DLDI patch the lameboy.nds file yourself, download these files:
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/r4tf.dldi
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downl...l-win32-gui.zip

Wherever you extract dlditool-win32-gui.zip, place the r4tf.dldi file there too. Start the tool and you should see that R4 is already the selected DLDI patch. Just click the second [...] button, next to "Binaries", and select lameboy.nds where you have it stored. Click "Patch". Now you can toss the lameboy.nds file on your MicroSD card and can go ahead and run it.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
oh yah, there are two GBA emulators in development for the DS, they're both actually being made specifically with the R4 in mind

you can find the first one here
and the second one here, I hope I don't get in trouble for that second link, it actually supplies a few roms, so hush hush
wink.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh yah, there are two GBA emulators in development for the DS, they're both actually being made specifically with the R4 in mind

and the second one LINK EDITED DUE TO ROM-RELATED EXTRA BANHAMMERABLE CONTENTZ!, I hope I don't get in trouble for that second link, it actually supplies a few roms, so hush hush
wink.gif
Can't let people get their hands on the sheer awesomeness that resides at the second address!

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

and the second one here, I hope I don't get in trouble for that second link, it actually supplies a few roms, so hush hush
wink.gif

I have geclicked but the web isn't gekommen.
frown.gif

There ya go!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality