Hacking GBA Emulation on the 3DS?

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to buy a 3DS and then a flash cart that is capable of playing DS games, would I also be able to play GBA games?
I have a collection of over 30 DS games that I still play on my DS Phat, and I'm considering getting a 3DS.
I heard the system has 128MB of RAM and would, in theory, be able to play 3DS games, but the question is whether or not anyone here has done it.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you bought the SuperCard DSTwo, as it's the only DS flashcart that allows you to play GBA games without an expansion.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that we cracked 3ds mode....maybe......but we haven't so no....the DsTwo can run them but only using its own processor

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait 'till 3DS mode gets hacked x3.
It WILL be able to run them. I'm sure of that. The 3DS is very powerful and should easily emulate most GBA games.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it gets hacked, you mean?

There's no guarantee that it will. It took the Playstation 3 how long to get fully hacked?

I hope it is though, and soon. The GBA emulator for PSP is near perfect with only a few games suffering problems. Games like Mother 3, Zelda A Link and Minish Cap all work perfectly, so I'm sure the 3DS can run a perfect GBA emulator if it gets hacked...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
alexg1989 said:
There's no guarantee that it will. It took the Playstation 3 how long to get fully hacked?

*sigh* Here we go again.

It took the PS3 so long to be hacked because there was no need when it had OtherOS. Hackers hack for access to the system, but that was already given, minus the nitty-gritty portions that involved piracy. Sony had removed it, and so hacking went full force on it.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
alexg1989 said:

*sigh* Here we go again.

It took the PS3 so long to be hacked because there was no need when it had OtherOS. Hackers hack for access to the system, but that was already given, minus the nitty-gritty portions that involved piracy. Sony had removed it, and so hacking went full force on it.
Bullshit. OtherOS was always very limited.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nutella said:
DiscostewSM said:
alexg1989 said:

*sigh* Here we go again.

Bullshit. OtherOS was always very limited.

But it was still there. That was something you can't say for quite a few gaming platforms.. Even though it didn't give full access, it made it possible to run something on the system without making it signed et al
tongue.gif

-Qtis

Squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pokefreak2008 said:
kick me from this thread but once again i say i hope the 3s never gets hacked i wanna go legit but if its hacked the temptation will be too much
I'm pretty sure everyone and their mothers knows that now, seeing how you post that in every single 3DS thread.

Anyway, I'm more worried about SNES emulation when the 3DS is hacked, the PSP SNES emulator is goddamn horrible.

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Piracy is about choice, if you want free games then there you go. If you only want homebrew. You can get that too. Want neither of those things? You got that as well.

Just because a system's hacked doesn't mean you have to use it.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
games2007 said:
If I were to buy a 3DS and then a flash cart that is capable of playing DS games, would I also be able to play GBA games?
I have a collection of over 30 DS games that I still play on my DS Phat, and I'm considering getting a 3DS.
I heard the system has 128MB of RAM and would, in theory, be able to play 3DS games, but the question is whether or not anyone here has done it.

Buy a Slot-1 flashcard for your DS for playing GBA games. Here you go, a perfect solution. Remember that 3DS' screen has different resolution, so even if someone manages to run GBA games on it in the future, they will look soft and blurred. DS vs. GBA did not differ that much and games were sharp and pixel-perfect.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pokefreak2008 said:
kick me from this thread but once again i say i hope the 3s never gets hacked i wanna go legit but if its hacked the temptation will be too much

Develop some Will Power? It's like giving up smoking in a sense. You know you want to but you can't.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
I think GBA can be emulated on the 3DS because if GBA can be emulated in the DSi, the 3DS should be able to emulate the GBA, we just need to crack the 3DS...

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm pretty sure everyone and their mothers knows that now, seeing how you post that in every single 3DS thread.

Anyway, I'm more worried about SNES emulation when the 3DS is hacked, the PSP SNES emulator is goddamn horrible.

I have a PSP and a version of Snes9x on it all the time... It's not perfect, but it's definitely not horrible...

You make it sound though you can't play any game using it... Most that I've played run perfectly with few exceptions such as Donkey Kong Country, but even that game can be made to run at perfect speed by tweaking in the options screen...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naved.islam14 said:
I think GBA can be emulated on the 3DS because if GBA can be emulated in the DSi, the 3DS should be able to emulate the GBA, we just need to crack the 3DS...
GBA can barely be emulated on the DSi so I don't really see that as any sort of support In this argument....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou