Hardware Gba and DS games look better on smaller New 3DS?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
DS native res mode is at a playable size on the XL though (dsi size). While on the reg size new3ds, it looks like a gba micro screen.

I've never bought the argument that pixels are that much more noticeable on the XL size, and I have had both models since day1.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just an illusion. The screen resolution is exactly the same on all 3ds models.

Resolution, yeah. But tighter dot pitch matters.

That said, I have the 'regular' N3DS and I would say, if anything, that it's the 3DS games that look better. Because of that tighter dot pitch. But for DS or GBA games, I would expect these would look better on the n3ds XL using the original resolution, vs. playing them scaled to fullscreen on the regular n3ds.

If you know what I"m sayin'. I have a DSi XL and a couple AGS-101 GBASP's, so I'm not worried about it. I do like the regular n3ds for 3DS games, and that what I bought it for.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So another words its pretty much the same?
pretty much the same, for original resolution in VC games, press and hold start (or select) when launching a game, they will be back to the original resolution
however i am not sure if this works on gba games. it does with DS, GBC and other VC

Last edited by migles,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much the same, for original resolution in VC games, press start (or select) when launching a game, they will be back to the original resolution
however i am not sure if this works on gba games. it does with DS, GBC and other VC
GBA works.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much the same, for original resolution in VC games, press start (or select) when launching a game, they will be back to the original resolution

It does. And SNES games on n3ds can be switched after starting the game in the VC menu.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The uglier graphics is, the better feeling is:d but anyway you can still corp game by holding select button while booting game if i'm not wrong. So it will be the same. I prefere more to play on full screen, even if the picture isn't clear. Pokemon yellow looks fukin ugly on my 3DS XL xD but I still like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.